Thursday, April 28, 2011

Birth Flowers: June Rose


Hi everyone!  Today marks the end of my time with Heart Song Designs Design Team.  I'd like to thank Leah and the rest of the design team for making my time with them so much fun.  I'm really excited to share today's card because it was created using one of my favorite Heart Song Design images.
 

The beautiful image highlighted on today's card is the June Rose Birth Flower from Heart Song Designs. I colored the image to match this stunning patterned paper from Colors by Design. To add a little elegance to the card I stitched around the edges then wrapped rose red grosgrain ribbon around the card base and finished it off with some pretty metallic gold ribbon and bow. I also added some sparkly metallic gold dew drops in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Birth Flowers: June Rose (Heart Song Designs)
  • Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive, PTI White, SQ49 MM Patterned Paper (Colors by Design)
  • Ink: Copics R39, R59, YG95, YG97, YG99
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, 1 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Metallic Ribbon, Metallic Gold Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

SandraW said...

Love your card, Karen! The colouring is really beautiful! Good job!
Good thing you want to attend the Copic class, won't be a problem for you, I guess. ;-)

Hugs, Sandra

Carrie said...

I love looking at your floral creations Karen they are always so beautiful and this one is no exception.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Karen,
This is a beautiful card and coloring. You are going to love your Copic class. I am excited for you.
Hugs,
Deb

Patty said...

Your coloring is beautiful Karen! I'm always in awe of people that can do it and all the shading. I can't so I stay away from anything that has to be colored. I think I have about four markers, LOL! Everyone has a talent and yours is definitely making gorgeous cards with coloring and shading.

Doreen said...

Love the image on this gorgeous card Karen.xxx

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Pretty creation dear. Luv the rose.

Denise Marzec said...

Such elegant colors! Beautiful card!

Marilyn said...

Very pretty card Karen... so elegant!

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Karen you have made a beautiful flower card. Love the rose very much.
Gr. Marja

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Karen, this is really gorgeous!! LOVE the elegant rose with your layout and gold ribbon!! TFS! HUGS

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! The rose is so beautiful! I love the papers and colors you used.