Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Showers Blog Hop


Hi everyone!  Welcome to the Heart Song Designs Spring Showers Blog Hop! If you arrived here from Holly's blog, Glitter, Stamps and Ink, then you are in the right place but if you've just happened along or are popping in for a visit you will want to grab your favorite beverage then head on over to the Heart Song Inspirations blog so you can start from the beginning!


Today marks the day for our first ever monthly release at Heart Song Designs and I'm excited to share the  card I created highlighting the beautiful Bird Song digital stamp from this month's new release bundle. I paired it with some lovely patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket DeLovely Collection. To embellish the card I added some fancy ribbon, flowers finished with Raspberry Fizz buttons threaded with DMC White and a snow pearl in each corner.


This new release bundle is available at Heart Song Designs for $20, this is a savings of $6. Leah is also giving away the new release bundle to one randomly selected hopper. For a chance to win simply leave a comment on Heart Song Inspirations as well as each of the DT blogs along the blog hop.

The next stop on this blog hop is the fabulously talented Davi, I'm sure you will love her creative projects as much as I do. So without further ado, hop on over to her blog, Alstromeria's Artistry, and enjoy the rest of the blog hop.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Bird Song (Heart Song Designs)
  • Paper: Pink Passion, PTI White, Cosmo Cricket DeLovely Mini Deck
  • Ink: Copics C6, E74, E77, BG18, RV06, RV09, YG45, G07
  • Other: Stitching, Classic Ovals Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities, White Polyester Ribbon, PTI Raspberry Fizz Buttons, DMC White, Bazzill Paper Flowers, Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

21 comments:

cebelica said...

Very pretty card! That little birdie is so cute!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Karen,

How cute is this? I love the colors and embellishments. So pretty!!

Hugs,
Deb

mrslaporte said...

I think your card is fantastic :) Love it!

Stephanie said...

Karen, this is just beautiful, I love the colors you have used on your card!

Peggy said...

Karen, your card is so pretty. Of course, all of your cards are. I love the colors, some of my favorites.

Vanessa said...

Karen, LOVE the wonderful colors for this card!! You matched the papers and colors for the image perfectly!! All the shapes included and great, and flowers, and of course, your *trademark* stitching work!! :) Absolutely beautiful!! :)

Davi said...

Karen this is beautiful!! I love the colors you used and the perfect dp!!

Patty said...

Beautiful! I love those colors together. Gorgeous card!

Ms. Jen said...

Hey Karen! I am so lovin my box of stuff you sent me. Now if I can just get my mojo goin again I'll be good to go! I really love this card. I think the thing I like best about your cards are that they're simple yet so beautiful. They always look finished and color coordinated without being lavish. Great job sweetie!

Tammy said...

Oh this card is so pretty....great coloring....i need to learn the tricks on coloring....beautiful!
smiles...Tammy

Holly said...

Adorably CUTE!!! I love the colors and the embellishments!!!

Paula Puckett said...

This card is marvelous, dahling! I love those colors together! thanks so much for taking part in this blog! You now have a new follower!

jpuckett13(at)woh(dot)rr(dot)com

Jennifer Scull said...

such gorgeous colors and embellies! :)

Chrissy D said...

I love these colors. Gorgeous card!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is wonderful, Karen! Love that beautiful colour combo!

Lori said...

Love your card! The colors are gorgeous. Bow and flower embellies are perfect.

leigharmstrong said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the colors and the coloring!

Flutterby Trina said...

Sorry its taken me so long to stop by! I love the colours you have used!! xxx

Sue said...

Fab card just my colours Luv Sue x

Sheree said...

These two cards for Heartsongs are gorgeous Karen!! I just love your work because you know exactly how to make each image pop! I come to your blog for ideas all the time. Your cards don't need a truckload of 3D flowers or bling!
I'm so glad you have tried landscapes! They are so much fun to do and I'm going to try colouring my scenes with copics as well. I need to pick up a few more colours though!
All going well I'll figure out how to print my Heartsong digi out to a size I can work with on a card and will submit one for this week's challenge.
Hugs,
Sheree

Marilyn said...

This is such a striking card Karen... love that teal bird & your layout is fab.