Monday, May 30, 2011

Buttercup Flower


Hi everyone!  I can't believe how fast this weekend is flying by.  Hope your weekend is going great and you have a wonderful Memorial Day today.  Since I posted my patriotic card yesterday I thought to share this gorgeous floral card today. 


The image featured on today's card is the beautiful Buttercups flower from Doodle Pantry.  I used the last of this patterned paper I had from My Minds Eye, Out & About Collection.  The shadow layer is Groovy Guava cardstock.  The base of the card is Old Olive finished using the Grass Edge Punch.  To embellish the card I added some white ribbon and bow and dark brown buttons threaded with DMC White. 

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Buttercups (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: White and Dark Brown Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Old Olive, Groovy Guava, No.1 Stripes Patterned Paper (My Minds Eye, Out & About Collection)
  • Ink: Copics R11, R12, YG95, YG97
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Grass Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), White Ribbon, Dark Brown Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

14 comments:

Lorie said...

What a pretty, pretty card Karen! I love how you paper pierce...very nice!

Patti J said...

Gosh, Karen, each day I come by your cards are prettier and prettier! Love your color combo - what a beauty!!!

Kristine said...

Very pretty Karen! Love all your stitching *Ü*

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful flowers Karen and I really like your layout!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful colors and crisp design. Love the buttercups colored in peach.

Heide said...

Really beautiful! Love the paper piercing and the sewing.

Laurie said...

Buttercups are so pretty in pink!! Very fresh and clean, love it!

jennik said...

У Вас очень красивые открытки! Очень!!!
с уважением,Евгения

jennik said...

You have a very beautiful card! Very!
with regards, Eugene

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card and I adore the colour scheme - wow!

Sofieke said...

What a beautiful card!

Greetings Sofieke

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card. Love the colors.

Kathy Winter said...

Very pretty Karen! Love the color combo and the layout:)

maranda said...

the color and flowers are beautiful!!