Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Close As A Memory


Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've created a card using watercolor stamps. The coral, black and white color combination used on today's card were inspired by my spring jacket.  Everytime I wear the jacket I think about creating a card using these colors and have to say I love the look.


The watercolor image used on today's card is from the Close As A Memory stamp set by Stampin' Up. The sentiment is by Penny Black and was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. The white background was embossed using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. The beautiful butterfly is from Verve Stamps and colored in using copic marker R02. To embellish the card I added white lace and some pearls.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Close As A Memory (Stampin' Up), Petals & Stems (Verve Stamps), Happy Birthday (Penny Black)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Groovy Guava, Whisper White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Groovy Guava, Copic R02
  • Other: Stitching, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, White Lace, Paper Piercing, Pearls, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

Trish and Treasure said...

Great card!

Carrie said...

Well I'm glad your jacket inpsired you because this card is beautiful.

GreenElefantik said...

Wonderful! Clear and simple!

Tina said...

such a lovely card...

Tina

Erica said...

I like your card, it's a great one ! Hugs Erica.

Patty said...

Love the simplicity of this card Karen!

SandraW said...

Beautiful card you made! This one doesn't need any embellishments, it's pretty the way it is! Love it!

Hugs, Sandra

Alissa said...

Sooooo pretty. Love the textures created by adding the embossing and the lace.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a great look! I love the colors and your wonderful design. Your card is a beauty!

Sheree said...

Beautiful Karen!! I am in awe of how you get your holes perfectly aligned!