Friday, May 13, 2011

Jars Of Sunflowers


Hi everyone! I'm so glad it's finally friday!!! There is a Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in town this weekend I'm hoping to get away and go to otherwise am really looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. Our eldest cat Tinker developed disease in her lumbar by the hips and tail bone making it very painful and difficult for her to even move around so we ended up sending her over rainbow bridge last weekend. She loved sleeping in the sun so this card was created in loving memory of her!


The image featured on today's card is the Jars Of Sunflowers rubber stamp by Great Impressions and the sentiment is by Hero Arts.  I paired it with patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Mabel Collection.  To embellish the card I added white lace, white ribbon and some sunflower dew drops.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Jars Of Sunflowers (Great Impressions), Just For You (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Ocean Tides (PaperTrey Ink), Flourishes Classic White, Little Lady and So Sweet Patterned Paper (My Minds Eye, Stella and Rose Mabel Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E19, YR24, YG03, BG72, BG75
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, White Lace, White Ribbon, Sunflower Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

7 comments:

Larisa said...

Cute card! Very creative job!!!

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Karen.xxx

SandraW said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Love the way you make such beautiful cards with so little embellishments. That makes these cards a joy to look at. I'm a big fan!

Hugs, Sandra

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fantastic card- I love the embellishments and love the sentiment. So sorry to hear about your cat!

Sheree said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tinker... May she rest in peace
What a beautiful card Karen! Your colour combinations are always so striking and your colouring is so lovely!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, Karen. My sympathies!
Your card is gorgeous! Awesome design and colors.

Carrie said...

This is so cute. It has such a country feeling to me with the colors and papers. I LOVE IT