Sunday, May 29, 2011

Patchwork Star


Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a fabulous memorial day weekend so far!  Lucky me has no plans other than to hang out at home and make cards all weekend long.  If you are here for the OWH Memorial Day Weekend Bloghop please scroll down to my previous post.  I'm popping in today to share a fun patriotic card I created.  The image is free with any purchase at Doodle Pantry.  Doodle Pantry is also having a special all weekend long, 35% off images, papers and templates through Monday, May 30th.


The image highlighted on today's card is the colored Patchwork Star digital stamp by Doodle Pantry. I used the pre-colored image and layered it on Brocade Blue. The background is Cranberry Crisp and Kraft cardstock embossed using the Cuttlebug Stars Embossing Folder. To embellish the card I added black grosgrain ribbon and black dew drops.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Patchwork Star (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Brocade Blue, Cranberry Crisp, Kraft, PTI White
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Cuttlebug Stars Embossing Folder, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

23 comments:

Patty said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!! I'm drawn to it because I love red, white & blue. I collect all kinds of flags (wood, tin, etc) and have them all over the walls on my porch. Gorgeous card Karen!

Heide said...

Karen,
Love this the muted colors they look fantastic, very vintage. Super card.

Lady Fair said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colored digi stamp you used. I'm going to have to check out some of these designs for my cards. :o)

Jen said...

Love your card-absolutely gorgeous!

jennifer mitten said...

This is the most beautiful card! I love the emsbossing, the image, and the coloring!

Sheree said...

Fabulous card Karen! Love the embossing and what a great image!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! Lovely design and colors. Great star background Everything works so well together!

Patti J said...

Beautiful! Looks like a piece of wall art - great job!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Fabulous card Karen! Aren't the pre-colored images fun?! I love your stitching and layout!

Kristine said...

OH... you've got that awesome star cuttlebug folder--AWESOME!! That's on my wish list now. Love it, and love your colors and stitching too. *Ü* Have a blessed Sunday!

Kristine said...

okay... is that just the way your printer printed this image?? Or did you change the colors somehow? Cause yours is much softer... COUNTRY colors than mine. I LOVE this country-look of your card. I figured you colored it yourself until I went back to read. Mine was pretty much real red and brilliant blue. I like yours better (shhh!) LOL

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow! This is just beautiful! That star folder is one of my favorites and I love how you've used it!
Hugs, Dee

Laura Evangeline said...

Ah! I can't tell you how much I love this card!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, how sweet is this! Love the kraft cardstock with it. Perfect texture plate!
Hugs, Sarah

Lorie said...

Goodness that is gorgeous Karen!

Kara said...

Super card! Love the colors, textures, and that digi is wonderful! Great job!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! I absolutely love this! So adorable! Love the embossed background in two different colors.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful! Your stitching is superb and the colours are awesome! Well done!

Just A Pac Rat said...

Love the card and the colors used. Thanks for sharing in the hop!

circlebenterprises.com

Kajikit said...

Lovely card. I've got to get that embossing folder for my OWH cards... (hugs)

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful Karen, the embossing looks fabulous!!!

Kathy Winter said...

Wow! This is fantastic, and I love the embossing folder. So perfect for this card. Great job:)

Carrie said...

this is wonderful. you've inspired me to use my stars cb folder that has been neglected