Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Peaceful River


Hi everyone! You won't believe this but I have two containers full of landscape stamps that have never been inked up. I got them when I first started stamping and loved the look but had no idea how to color them so they've been sitting on my shelf ever since. Well, a few weeks ago I discovered a stamping blog with the most amazing landscape cards, Vancouver Island Craft Junkie.

Sheree is so sweet and very kind to answer all my questions and inspired me to color this landscape image with my copic markers. I'm so glad she did because I've fallen in love with these stamps all over again and the best part is that one of them has finally seen some ink. Thank you so much for the inspiration Sheree, you are the BEST!!!   


The beautiful landscape featured on today's card is the Peaceful River rubber stamp by Northwoods Rubber Stamps. The card was created for my father-in-law's 71st birthday. I paired the image with Handsome Hunter cardstock and honestly have no idea where I got the patterned paper.  To embellish the card I added some Jute Twine and Dew Drops.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Peaceful River (Northwoods Rubber Stamps)
  • Paper: Handsome Hunter, Kraft, Flourishes Classic White, Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics YG63, YG67, E08, E09, E37, E42, E44, E99, BG72, BG75, BG78
  • Other: Jute Twine (PaperTrey Ink), Men's Dew Drops, Mounting Tape

14 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Karen this is beautiful. I love these stamps. I have always loved the great outdoors. Your coloring is perfect. Great job.

jimlynn said...

WOWSERS!!! Karen, this is just STUNNING!!! LOVE it and your coloring is fabulous! Please do more like this...so lovely.
Lynn

NancyD said...

Karen,

That's funny, as soon as I saw your creation I thought of Sheree. I am so glad she inspired you to ink up unused stamps. She has inspired me in a number of ways. I agree Stampscapes are wonderful. Lovely card!

Nancy

cebelica said...

Such a peaceful image. Wonderful card! Hugs!

*Vicki* said...

Karen, this is really gorgeous!! I love the masculine feel to it!! Beautifully colored!

Tammy said...

How beautiful is this landscape card. Your coloring is wonderful too!
Have a terrific week!
smiles...Tammy

Betty said...

Wow Karen this is great, the paper goes so well with the gorgeous coloured image, and love the use of the string, love it.
Betty x x

Marcia said...

I absolutely love it! I have quite a few stamps but nothing really to color them...so they sit idle most of the time. You did a fantastic job and hopefully I will be able to get into this aspect of crafting soon.

marciasmemories.blogspot.com
mb6464@hotmail.com

Patty said...

I love your card Karen! I generally don't buy stamps that have large images since my wrists are damaged from RA. I have to stick to smaller images or have someone stamp them for me (which is no fun!). I love how it looks like your image just jumps off the page. Your use of markers makes it looks so dimensional.

Silli said...

wow Karen, what a pretty scene...LOVE your coloring!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Karen, Gosh this is gorgeous! Your coloring is inspiring. What a beautiful scene!

Kristine said...

oh my goodness, this is AMAZING!! Love this masculine stamp--perfect for my outdorsey hubby =) Great job!

Carrie said...

wow karen that is some beautiful coloring. I'm sure your FIL will love it

Sheree said...

Karen... This is one heckuva WOW!!! card!! I LOVE your scene and your colouring is perfect! I'm going to go so far as to say I think your scene looks 100 times better than the one displayed on the Northwoods site!
The plaid background paper's colours match perfectly with your trees in the scene. Your layout makes the scene pop!
One thing to try for fun is.. I've been experimenting with JellyRoll star pens which add a touch of highlight here and there without being overpowering!
Thanks for you lovely comments about my work... much appreciated! You, my friend, are the true artista, time and time again! I tried colouring mine with copics and the result.. shouldn't be seen haha!
Keep up the great work... Guys love these kinds of cards!
Hugs,
Sheree