Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thank You, Hero


Hi everyone! I'm back again with another patriotic card for this week's OWH Stars & Stamps midweek challenge to create an Anyhero Card. Anyhero Cards include a special thank you message inside for one of the many men and women proudly serving in our nation's armed forces. Operation Write Home also supports our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade cards for them to write home on.
 

The sentiment is a digital stamp from OWH Stars & Stamps and was printed on PTI Vintage Cream.  My card base is Night Of Navy layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI Vintage Cream.  The patterned paper is digital paper from the Freedom Ain't Free digital kit by Summertime Designs.  To bring out the stars in the sentiment and digital paper I punched a small star from Night Of Navy cardstock and attached it below the word YOU in the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Thank You, Hero (OWH Stars & Stamps)
  • Paper: Night Of Navy, PTI Vintage Cream, Freedom Ain't Free Kit (Summertime Designs) 
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Small Star Punch, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

7 comments:

Shirley G said...

Great card Karen. I just printed out my cards and sentiments to make my Welcome Hero cards :)

Dawn said...

fantastic!

Dawn said...

I love this. Great card.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Simply beautiful Karen! Thanks for the inspiration and thank you for the link from your other Any Hero card, I visited Summer's blog and downloaded some wonderful kits. Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

Donna Hanley said...

Karen, great card. I love your background paper and I like that you placed your sentiment on an angle. The little star is just the right embellishment for this card. I've enjoyed looking over your blog and am now a follower. Youare very talented.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card!

Alissa said...

When I first saw this card I thought the sentiment was cut with the Cricut or Silhouette. I can't believe it's a digi. That's fantastic!