Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Year In Flowers: Primrose


Happy Mother's Day!  Wishing you a wonderful day filled with happy moments whether you are celebrating today as a mother or spending time with your mother!  In honor of this special day I thought to share this beautiful floral card I sent my mom for Mother's Day! 


The floral image featured on today's card is the Primrose from Flourishes A Year In Flowers I stamp set.  I paired it with Studio K Meadow and Breeze patterned paper by K&Company.  The shadow layer is PTI White punched on both sides using the Eyelet Border Punch.  I wrapped some gorgous green satin ribbon down the center. 

The image was layered on Basic Black then die cut and embossed using the Beaded Ovals Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added a white satin bow finished with a pink button threaded with DMC White and some pearls in the top corners of the card base. 

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: A Year In Flowers I (Flourishes)
  • Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Studio K Meadow and Breeze Patterned Paper (K&Company)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R00, R01, G82, G85
  • Other: Stitching, Eyelet Border Punch, Classic Ovals Small Nestabilities, Beaded Ovals Nestabilities, White Satin Ribbon, Green Satin Ribbon, Pink Button, DMC White, Snow Pearls, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I am sure she was happy to receive your card! Hugs from Sweden :)

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow another pretty creation.

Tammy said...

I wanted to wish you a Happy Mom's day! Have a wonderful day!!!
Pretty card too.
smiles...Tammy

Carrie said...

i love all your flower cards and this is no exception