Monday, May 16, 2011

Yellow Rose Duo


Hi everyone! This is one of those cards that I'm in love with and will have a really hard time giving away! It combines all my favorite elements... stitching, embossing, die cuts, punches, ribbon and pearls. I've been drooling over this butterfly punch on everyone else's cards and finally got one for myself! The design coordinates beautifully with these Lacey Circles Nestabilities.


The stunning Rose Duo highlighted on today's card is a pre-colored digital stamp from Doodle Pantry. I die cut and embossed the image using Standard Circles Small Nestabilities then layered it on to Basic Black die cut using the Lacey Circles Nestabilities.

The background is Wild Wasabi and Barely Banana embossed using the Victoria Embossing Folder. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White. I rounded the corners then tucked it under the ribbon. To embellish the card I added black satin ribbon, butterflies and some pearls.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Rose Duo (Doodle Pantry), Happy Birthday (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380 and Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other: Stitching, Cuttlebug Victoria Embossing Folder, Black Satin Ribbon,Corner Rounder Punch, Small Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Standard Circles Small Nestabilities, Lacey Circles Nestabilities, Snow Pearls, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape 

17 comments:

Heide said...

This is so beautiful! Love the vintage feel, the butterflies are the perfect touch.

Patti J said...

Karen, your card is so pretty! Full of my favorite things too :) The butterflies look like they could fly off the page - Great card, my friend, and what a beautiful way to showcase Laurie's gorgeous image!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Lovely coloring on the flowers and the colors of the layout are great. Like how half is run thru an EF and the pop of bladk really work
s with those soft colors. Awesome.

Lorie said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! The black is just stunning on this one!

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the colors and the butterflies!

Kristine said...

Karen, this is GORGEOUS!! Love the soft colors--perfect for a rose. And your butterflies with pearls--so PRETTY and also perfect on there!! LOVE IT! *Ü*

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Karen, this is such a beautiful card. Lovely design with elegant details.

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh so very pretty, love the rose and love your card!!

Sheree said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! This card really pops out at you! Love the added detail of pearls on your butterflies and that image.. I LOVE roses! I'd definitely have a hard time giving this one away as well! Well done Karen!!

jimlynn said...

Oh Karen, I really don't think I'd be able to give this one away! IT'S GORGEOUS! So very pretty.
Lynn

Sofieke said...

This card is realy beautyful! I love the butterflies!

Greetings Sofieke

Kathy Winter said...

Oh my! This is stunning:) Love the butterfly punch and the colors are fabulous *Ü*

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, wow, this really is beautiful! I love the black and how it really makes the yellow pop! Great creativity!
Hugs, Sarah

Carrie said...

Ok now I want that butterfly punch too, you're enabling me lol. Beautiful card

Laurie said...

wow, just gorgeous! the splash of black really works well with teh yellow & green.

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Karen! love, love, love the yellow embossing with the yellow roses!
hugs

Juliet A said...

The textures you have going in this card are wonderful! It is so elegant!