Thursday, June 30, 2011

Purple Iris


Hi everyone! I love, love, LOVE this card. The bow so reminds me of a formal black bow tie. The beautiful floral image is the colored Iris digital stamp by Doodle Pantry. The stamp set includes the matching digital paper I used in the background. I wanted to bring out the bold black outline of the Iris and the yellow highlights at the stem of the flower so I paired the digital paper with Basic Black and Summer Sun cardstock.

My card base is Basic Black layered with PTI White then the digital paper and strips of Summer Sun. The shadow layer is Summer Sun layered on Basic Black finished on one side using the Arch Lattice Edge Punch. I stitched around the card base and shadow then as well as paper pierced around the edges of the image. To embellish the card I added a pretty bow made from black satin ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Iris (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Summer Sun and Digital Paper (Doodle Pantry, Iris Stamp Set)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Arch Lattice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Paper Piercing, Black Satin Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow this is beautiful! Love the color combo and the "bow tie" is genius - did I mention this was BEAUTIFUL!? :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is one of my most favorite DP floral images and DSP. I love how it looks with the pop of yellow and black. Beautiful card!

Patti J said...

Gosh, Karen - this card is fabulous! The CS accent strips look like leather, and you're right, the bow looks like a formal black tie bow!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, you should love this card! It is beautiful! I love the black bow also I think it really makes the flower pop! Great creativity!
Hugs, Sarah

Sheree said...

Wow!! This card is definitely a showstopper Karen! Stunning, Fabulous, Wow!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Simply gorgeous Karen!

Heide said...

Beautiful card, love all the layers and your lush bow.

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE that bow tie, it sets the iris off fantastically! Totally gorgeous Karen!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love the bow and the background framing colours, wow!!

E.T said...

absolutely stunning!

Kathy W. said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Love the color combo and the design is lovely =)