Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Year In Flowers: Primrose


Hi everyone!  Are you ready for the weekend?!?  I was ready for the weekend back on Monday, LOL!  There never seems to be enough time during the week for stamping so by Saturday I'm going through withdrawal.  I was able to get in my craft room last night though and am working on a fun card for my nephew's birthday!  Today though I'm playing along with the Digi Doodle Shop's Best and entering this week's stitching challenge.

The image feautred on today's card is the Primrose clear stamp from the A Year In Flowers I stamp set by Flourishes. My card base is Blush Blossom layered with PTI White then Studio K Meadow and Breeze patterned paper by K&Company. I stitched around the edges then wrapped green satin ribbon diagonally across the card base. To embellish the card I added snow pearls in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: A Year In Flowers I (Flourishes), Just For You (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Blush Blossom, PTI White, Studio K Meadow and Breeze Patterned Paper (K&Company)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics R00, R01, G82, G85 
  • Other: Stitching, Green Satin Ribbon, Paper Piercing, Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Mounting Tape

16 comments:

SandraW said...

You made some gorgeous cards the last few posts! I didn't have the time to comment them, that's why I'm doing it now.
Great cards and keep up the good work!!

Hugs, Sandra

Sheree said...

Yay!! Blogger is letting my post comments for a bit this morning!
Love your new card Karen! The background dp's look great done on an angle.. Love those flower stamps by Flourishes!!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Sheree

Anne said...

Love the colors and details on this beautiful card Karen!

Hugs from Anne

Jennipher Lowery said...

This is beautiful Karen. Love the color scheme.

Sew-Ink said...

Ohh... very pretty! Love the colors and the layout is gorgeous!

Karen said...

Such an adorable card! Thank you for joining Digi Doodle Shop Challenges for our Stitching Theme this week. Hugs, Karen.x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Another beautiful creation, Karen. Lovely design!!

Karen said...

Hi Karen
Lovely to see you, this is lovely as always, thanks for joining us at DDSC.
xx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors you used.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card!

Jen said...

Wow! This is pretty jawdropping fabulous! Love the flower focal point and how it is coloured to perfection. The diagonal ribbon is pretty classy too. My first time at your blog, I'll be back for sure. Just magnificent!

Danyelle Kessler said...

Very delicate and beautiful!

craftybunny said...

Lovely card and so beautifully put together.Thanks for joining us at DDSC :D
Lisa x

dj1952 said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love the flower and then the background papers. Thanks for joining us over at DDSB. Hugs, dj

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this floral image and your colors and DSP - gorgeous!

Anne Marie said...

Gorgeous! I love how you placed the pearl accents in the corners and the fun stitching. Have a great day! :)