Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Feathers" The Flamingo


Hi everyone! I'm hoping today's card puts as big a smile on your face as it did mine! I created the card for our "Emboss It" Challenge this week at The Pixie Cottage. The super cute flamingo is the Feathers digital image by Pixie Cottage Stamps. I found these cute pink flowers in my stash and thought to make them look like the flamingo's tail feathers!


My card base is Cameo Coral layered with PTI White then Basic Grey and Kraft cardstock both embossed using the Cuttlebug Victoria Embossing Folder. I ripped the Kraft and stitched around the edge of the card base. The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers. To embellish the card I cut paper flowers in half and finished them with kraft flowers and a snow pearl.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Feathers (Pixie Cottage Stamps)
  • Paper: Cameo Coral, Basic Grey, Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Copics E40, E42, T0, T2, T3, T4, R30, R32, R43, R46
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Cuttlebug Victoria Embossing Folder, Pink Paper Flowers, Kraft Bazzill Flowers, Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

SandraW said...

Great card you made! Really funny! Love the image you used!

Hugs, Sandra

Sadilla said...

this is totally nice, I like the imge, and all the stitching!!
hugs
Sadia

jimlynn said...

"Feathers" is adorable and so is this card! Love the little flowers on the side.
Lynn

Tanya R said...

Love this image. The stitching is super too.
Hugs
Tanya

*Vicki* said...

Hello Karen!! What a darling card!! LOVE the coloring and your flower accents!! Hope all is well with you! HUGS

Davi said...

What a totally fun card Karen... Love the colors and the cool flowers you created with the cutie image :)

Christa said...

oww love this card its so funny, great stitching ,if i do that my stichis are everwhere ( sorry my english is not great ;)) hugs christa

Jennipher Lowery said...

Love your idea for the flowers and the flamingo feathers. Very creative indeed. Oh how I miss cameo coral! Thanks for letting me have a glimpse of it again.

Carrie said...

a smile for sure!! i really like the floral edge you created. its very cute

Annelie said...

Yes, a really big smile in my face too!
Love it all!

Manon said...

I love this card Karen, so cute!!!