Saturday, July 30, 2011

Forget Me Nots


Hi everyone! This beautiful card was created for Ethyl, a friend of my blog friend Sheree. Ethyl suffered a terrible accident and has severe burns on half her face, my heart goes out to her. If you have a few moments to send some love, please read this story!   To cheer her up and say hope you are feeling better I'm sending this bouquet of Forget Me Nots.


The Forget Me Nots are a digital stamp by Doodle Pantry. I paired the floral image with patterned paper from the Stella and Rose Hattie Collection by My Mind's Eye. The cardstock is Blue Bayou and Old Olive from Stampin' Up.  To embellish the card I stitched around the card base, added some Leaf Lace, flowers and sunflower dew drops.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Forget Me Nots (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Blue Bayou, Old Olive, PTI White, Hattie Papers (Stella and Rose by My Mind's Eye)
  • Ink: Copics BG72, Y26, YR24, YG93, YG97
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Leaf Lace, Flowers, Sunflower Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

16 comments:

Lorie said...

Another beautiful card Karen!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. TFS.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh Karen, this is gorgeous. What a beautiful mix of colors. Your design is the best!

Barbara Colbert said...

This is beautiful!!! Lovely job! What a story!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card Karen, I love the flower embellishments and your attention to detail! Have a great weekend!

Jennipher Lowery said...

Karen, that is so sweet of you to make this card for this woman who got burned. My heart goes out to her. You have created such a vision of loveliness for her. Just Gorgeous.

Lisa said...

Such a terrible story! My heart goes out to her and what she's gone through. Your card is sure to cheer her up - it's a beautiful color scheme and sweet message.

SandraW said...

Beautiful card, Karen. Great colours you used and I love the embellishments!

Hugs, Sandra

Nancy said...

Very pretty card to make for the lady who was hurt. This will bring definitely bring her some cheer!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, this is just beautiful! Wow, love the colors and the layout. Just beautiful!
Hugs, Sarah

Patti J said...

What a beautiful card, Karen. I know that the poor lady who was burned will appreciate it. I feel terrible for her. In 1980, my DH sustained 1st,2nd, and 3rd degree burns over 80% of his body. It was touch and go for him for over a month. After that came the skin graft operations, constant debriding, etc. The pain she's in must be incredible. I will pray for a very rapid recovery, and that they can keep her pain under control. Thanks for sharing...

Kathy W. said...

Gorgeous creation Karen! So sorry to hear about your friend.

Sharon Basel said...

Karen this is so lovely. The color palette is beautiful and I love that paper piercing!

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh so very pretty and I love the colours, wow! I'm sure the dear lady who was burned will appreciate it. It is a wonderful card and a wonderful thing for you to do.

*Vicki* said...

Wow Karen!! I really gorgeous and elegant card hun!! Love the colors too!! ;)

Dawn Frost said...

What a lovely bouquet of forget me nots, I'm sure Sheree's blog friend will love the card.