Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Merry Mistletoe


Hi everyone! Today I'm bringing you Christmas in July! It is the 5th of the month which means lots of great new release digital images at Doodle Pantry. It also means a new challenge so I hope you stop by the challenge blog and play along.  My card features the Merry Mistletoe digital stamp set using the pre-colored image, digital papers and Merry Christmas sentiment.


My card base is Garden Green layered with PTI White then digital papers from the Merry Mistletoe Stamp Set. I meant to do a zig zag stitch around the edge of the card base and didn't realize until I was all done that the bobbin wasn't threaded correctly so I got this hodgepodge stitch which I actually really like! Next I wrapped 3/8" white grosgrain ribbon around the card base and added a matching bow in front.

The image is pre-colored and was printed on PTI Vintage Cream then die cut and embossed using the Standard Circles Small Nestabilities. I layered it on PTI White die cut using the Standard Circles Large Nestabilities then Garden Green die cute using the Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities. The sentiment was printed on PTI White and layered on Garden Green. To embellish the card I added a Vintage Pearl Tinket Pin and some pearls in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Merry Mistletoe (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Garden Green, PTI White and Vintage Cream, Digital Papers (Doodle Pantry, Merry Mistletoe Stamp Set)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Pearls Trinket Pin (Maya Road), Standard Circles Small and Large Nestabilities, Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities, Pearls (KaiserCraft), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

16 comments:

Heide said...

Such a beautiful card!

Patti J said...

I love Christmas in July!!! Your card is beautiful, Karen! Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you have a great day! Hugs...

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowza! This is a beauty! Lots of great details, Karen. Love the stitching!

Jennie said...

Hi Karen!

You have done an AWESOME job! The stick pin adds tha special something its really beautiful!

Hope you are well.

Jennie
xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Karen, love your stitching (amazing how things turn out somtimes, will you be able to duplicate it:) The stick pin was a creative addion, I must try that sometime, it really adds to the bow! Fabulous work!

Lorie said...

Oh, Karen...that is just lovely!

Sheree said...

Another masterpiece Karen! I love it! Guess I'd better start thinking about Christmas as well or I'll have another year where I'm racing at the end!
Love that image!

KER said...

wonderful card...love the stitching and colors

Lisa said...

It's hard to think about Christmas but I must say, your card eases the pain some ;) Beautiful!

Amaryllis said...

very nice card))

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE the stitching on your card Karen, I should misthread mine! Maybe I'd get a fantastic card like yours, lol.

Kathy W. said...

This is beautiful Karen! Love the papers and the layout:)

Kristine said...

Beautiful Karen!! Love your pearls and that stick pin too--adds a cute personal touch to the card. Laurie sure has some fantastic sets and you do such a great job with them all =) Have a great day!!

Kitika said...

This is simply beautiful Karen, and the details are amazing!

Laurie said...

just gorgeous with the sewing and the pearl pin/bow!

Sharon Basel said...

This is so pretty. I love the design and your pearl accents.