Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wildlife Reserve

Hi everyone! This masculine card is actually the one I sent my father-in-law for Father's Day! My how time flies, I can't believe I'm just now getting around to blogging it! The bear is a rubber stamp from the Wildlife Reserve stamp set by Stampin' Up. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black on White Cardstock then colored it in using copic markers. To soften the background I sponged Bashful Blue to create the sky and Mellow Moss for the ground.

The card base is Dark Brown layered with PTI White then True Thyme embossed using the Herringbone Embossing Folder. The shadow layer is Dark Brown layered with Napoleon Marble Green Patterned Paper. To embellish the card I wrapped Jute Twine around the card base three times and added two large buttons threaded with more Jute Twine.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Wildlife Reserve (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Brown Bazzill, PTI White, True Thyme, Napoleon Marble Green Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Copics E57, E59, YG63, YG67
  • Other: Cuttlebug Herringbone Embossing Folder, PTI Jute Twine and Dark Brown Vintage Buttons, Paper Piercing, Spongs, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

2 comments:

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Ohh I like this! Love that embossing folder you have in the background! Nice :))

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! Karen, your card is gorgeous. Such a perfect, masculine card. I love the textures and colors you used.


~Cheryl~
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!