Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wishing You A Tweet Day


Hi everyone! Are you having a great weekend?!? I'm popping in to share a fun card I created using the A Tweet Day digital stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps. I thought the image matched this birdhouse patterned paper perfectly although it's hard to tell since I've covered most of it up.


My card base is Really Rust layered with PTI White then patterned paper stitched around the edges. The grass was punched from Always Artichoke. The image was printed on PTI White and colored to match the purple and yellow birdhouses in the patterned paper. The sentiment is also from the A Tweet Day digital stamp set. To embellish the card I added a bow made from yellow gingham ribbon and yellow flowers finished with Diamond Stickles.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: A Tweet Day (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: Really Rust, Always Artichoke, Summer Sun, PTI White, Birdhouse Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Copics Y18, Y19, V25, BG93, BG96, BG99, E43, E44, E08, E09
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Grass Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Trio Flower Punch (Stampin' Up), Yellow Gingham Ribbon, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Diamond Stickles, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

8 comments:

SandraW said...

Another great card you made! Nice colours you used and I love the image of the birdhouses.

Hugs, Sandra

P.s. thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. :-D

Craftyanny said...

Great card Karen, love the dimension you've created
Anne x

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous! I love how your background reflects your image, and lovely stitching too (mine is NEVER straight LOL!)

Sheree said...

I just LOVE this one Karen! The image matches the paper perfectly! Great use of Always Artichoke for the grass... Wow!!
p.s.
Thanks for the wonderful comments on my blog! I'll wait for your card to arrive before giving them to Ethyl. Am posting an update tonight too.
Hugs,
Sheree

Amy* said...

Hi Karen! Your cards are absolutely beautiful...LOVE the stitching! I found your blog on Feline Playful and just wanted to give you a virtual hug and a big Thank you because I think it is absolutely wonderful what you and the rest of the team are doing for fellow crafters! <3 Amy*

Jennipher Lowery said...

Love the paper piercing and the punched grass border. Cute image that coordinates well with the background paper. The fun yellow bow adds just the right amount of pop.

*Vicki* said...

Such a fantastic background to go with your image!! Beautiful put together! :)

Carrie said...

i'm jealous you have the ms grass punch i've looked everywhere for it. the flowers you added to the grass layer are such a nice touch