Monday, August 15, 2011

Aster Flower


Hi everyone! I'm back again with another floral card I created using one of the new release images by Clear Dollar Stamps.  This is my second post today so be sure to scroll down to my previous post so as not to miss anything.  For this card I used the flower image and sentiment from the Aster Flower Of The Month digital stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps. I enlarged the sentiment before printing and used it for the background.


My card base is Basic Black layered with PTI White then Cameo Coral embossed using the D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder (one of my favorite embossing folders)! The sentiment was printed on PTI White and layered on Yoyo Yellow finished on both sides using the Scallop Edge Punch.

The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers. I die cut and embossed the image using Standard Circles Small Nestabilites then layered it on Basic Black die cut using the Lacey Circles Nestabilites. To embellish the card I added a pretty bow made from Yellow Wrinkled Ribbon and a silver rhinestone in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Aster (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Copics R43, Y15, Y18, G21, G24
  • Other: Stitching, Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder, Scallop Edge Punch L(Stampin' Up), Lacey Circles and Standard Circles Small Nestabilities, Yellow Wrinkled Ribbon, Silver Rhinestones, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

14 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful, thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog. I have now become a follower of yours but too late for the blog candy as my internet has been down. Up and running now so I look forward to seeing your lovely creations. Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

jimlynn said...

Just beautiful! This is such a lovely and elegant looking card.
Lynn

misteejay said...

Pretty card Karen - I love your use of stitching on your cards.

Toni xx

KER said...

beautiful...good job making the sentiment the bg...and i love my d'vine swirls ef...great colors too

Sandra said...

Wow your card is gorgeous love the image and the stitching, the colours are so elegant truely is gorgeous:) Sandra H

Sandra said...

Wow this is a gorgeous image love the stitching and thank you for your comments :) Sandra H

Mutley said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Thought I'd hop over and have a look at yours and I love your cards. Will visit often. Love floral cards, will have a look at this stamp range. xxx

Sheryl Hare said...

This is lovely Karen.Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog- off to nosey round your blog now. hugs Sheryl x

Jennipher Lowery said...

WOW! There are so many wonderful things about this card I don't know where to start! Lots of great layers. Love the scalloped circle and the embossed panel. Beautifully colored flower.

Donna Hanley said...

Karen, this is a beautiful card. Love all the colors and textures. I also like that ef. Sorry I haven't been by in a while, things just got too hectic and not much time to craft.

troy said...

oh this is gorgeous Karen, so so pretty.

love the enlarged background, very effective.

hugs Troy xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! Love how you used the sentiment to create the background paper. Top-notch coloring. Beautiful design and color scheme.

The Stamper's Touch said...

This is one stunning creation Karen!!! Love the stitching!!! Absolutely beautiful!

Linda

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Wow... what a beautiful card! Just stumbled on your blog this morning, I love your creative ideas and feel a case coming on!