Sunday, August 21, 2011

Clear Dollar Stamps Blog Hop


Hello everyone! Welcome to the Clear Dollar Stamps Monthly Blog Hop! If you arrived here from Barb's blog, Barb's Best Creations, then you are in the right place but if you've just happened along or are popping in for a visit you'll want to head on over to the Clearly iStamp blog to start from the beginning.

The theme of today's blog hop is "These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things". I didn't realize until I started typing this how many favorite things I really have, LOL! My favorite techniques are stitching and paper piercing. My favorite embellishments are edge punches and bling (pearls, dew drops, brads, you name it...) When I'm stamping I love wearing my favorite PJ's, housecoat and slippers. These cute bunny slippers give me warm fuzzies and really inspire me to create.


I designed this card for a close friend at work.  We're always asking each other if it's time to go home and put on our PJ's yet, LOL!!!  On my card I used the pre-colored digital image and matching digital paper from the Bunny Slippers stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps.  I also used some of my favorite things... stitching, paper piercing, an edge punch and pearls!

Well, that's it for me!  The next stop on this blog hop is the very talented Shell.  I'm sure you will love her creative projects as much as I do so without further ado hop on over to her blog, Shell's Stuff, and enjoy the rest of the blog hop.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Bunny Slippers (Clear Dollar Stamps), Just For You (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Blush Blossom and Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Bunny Slippers Digital Paper (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Arch Lattice Punch (Martha Stewart), Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft) and Mounting Tape

39 comments:

Basslady said...

simply marvellous!

the image is so delightful and your stitching is awesome!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

cebelica said...

So cute!

Jerusha said...

Lovely card, Karen! I love your favourite things and in the cold temperatures, those bunny slipper would be calling my name!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, how cute to bring in the fact that you love to stamp in your jammies! Too cute!! That made me giggle! Great creativity, love the card!
Hugs, Sarah

VanessaB said...

suuuuuuuuper CUTE!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Awwww, your bunny slippers are adorable Karen!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about my video today. I do have a Copic cloud coloring tutorial on my blog Karen, you can learn to make that cloud background :) Look on my sidebar and you'll see all my videos. Have fun, I can't wait to see your clouds :)

Christi said...

Now who doesnt love some cute fuzzy slippers? Your card is adorable, great job!

Kathy D. said...

Oh I scrap in my my pj's too! Love Saturdays when you can spend all day wearing pj's in your craft room! Oh and fuzzy slippers are the bomb! Cute card.

SandraW said...

Really like this card, Karen! So sweet and fluffy...

Hugs, Sandra

The Stamper's Touch said...

Oh Karen, this is adorable!! You used one of my all-time favorite digital stamps too! Perfect stitching, one of my favorite things too! Your friend is going to love it...I know I do!

Linda

Dana said...

He's so fluffy I'm gonna die!! Well, you won't get that quote unless you've watched Despicable Me. Couldn't resist : ) This really is adorable!!
Hugs~
Dana

Lorie said...

As always Karen you card is wonderful! I love all of your embellishments...your stitching is my favorite though as I have a hard time doing it. :)

Liefs Ineke said...

Hello Karen, your creation is beautiful.

Hugs Ineke

Marsha said...

Very cute. Like the matching paper. Stitching and piercing are beautifully done.

Karen M said...

How cute is this! Fun card! xx

Mistylynn said...

Those bunny slippers are so sweet. I love how you colored them!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so darn cute. I just love the bunny slippers. TFS.

Edwina said...

I love your card! It is adorable! I understand! Jp's are comfortable. I love all that stiching! How did you keep it straight? Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Shell said...

What a precious card. I love the clean look, the piercing, sewing, and pearls. Great job on all of it.

Jeremy and Samantha said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I just love your card and all the details, gorgeous!

DeneAnn said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the colors, love the whole thing!

Heidi Brawley said...

omg this is soooo darn cute.

Cathi said...

OMG!! I love this card and image! I so wish I was good at "coloring" with Copics!!! This is too sweet! I love that you did it in GREEN and not the "typical" pastels!


cathi carpenter
ourfam@bellsouth.net

Chrisd said...

Great card and I too am a slipper girl. The hop is great!

Heather said...

How cute!!!! These little bunnies are so adorable and your card is fabulous! Love it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always think sewing adds such a nice touch to cards! I love the go home and get your PJ's on question. Great card!

joybear said...

So adorable, love the stitching!

KellyS said...

Ooooo Layers, and stitching and bunnies... Love the coloring you've done. great shadowing.

Lisa Lara said...

This is sooooooooooooooooo adorable Karen. I just love love love it. When I was a teenager I had a pair of bunnie slippers. I loved my bunny slippers!

misteejay said...

Aren't they just darling - so cute.

Lovely card Karen

Toni xx

Celina said...

This is such an adorable card. And thanks for the comment on my page. I'm definitely going to follow you!

Davi said...

Karen this is just the cutest!! I love those little green bunnies they make you smile :)

Sue D said...

Very cute--thanks for sharing your favorite things.

Jennipher Lowery said...

This is certainly darling! Love the hand stitching and the gorgeous coloring.

Tammi said...

This is such a cute card!!

Karen L said...

Those bunny slippers are WAY CUTE! I might have to get that stamp image, I can think of so many uses for it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this! Super cute Karen.

Caren B said...

Karen, thanks for stopping by my blog. I absolutely love the bunnies and I envy anyone who can sew!

Patty said...

Oh my gosh! Karen this card is so darn adorable! I love the color and the bunnies look like you just want to cuddle them! Cuuute!