Sunday, August 7, 2011

Have A Gouda Day


Hi everyone! I'd like to think that my cat Buddy would go nuts if these cute little mice were running all around my house but the truth is he'd probably just plop on the floor and lazily stretch his paw out and pat them as they walk by, LOL!!!   The cute little mice are a pre-colored image called Gouda Day by Clear Dollar Stamps.


My card base More Mustard layered with PTI Whtie then Kraft patterned paper stitched around the edges.  The shadow layer is Wild Wasabi finished on both sides using the Scallop Dot Edge Punch.  The image was printed on PTI White and layered on More Mustard.  The sentiment was punched out using the Modern Label Punch.  To embellish the card I added a couple buttons threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Gouda Day (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: More Mustard, Wild Wasabi, White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Kraft Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up Patterned Pack)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Scallop Dot Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Modern Label Punch (Stampin' Up), Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

13 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

How cute Karen! I love these CDS mice :)

Frea said...

Hi Karen, love your card, you know I live onle about an hour drive away from Gouda! Our Dutch cheese is about the only thing I miss when I'm abroad LOL!! Hugs, Frea

jimlynn said...

VERY CUTE!!! Precious image and sentiment and really like this cute, cute card.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

AW!! What a sweet image!! Your layout is really stunning too!! :)

Shelby said...

The sentiment is too darn cute! I love your layout as well as your color choices and the buttons go perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

Shelby

Steph M said...

Awww this is the cutest ever. I was actually chuckling out loud at the sentiment. The mice are fab and the buttons really finish it off. Well done.
Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck.
Steph xx

Cheryl said...

So punny and cute! I love your card!

Amy said...

Love it!! Thanks for joining Bugaboo at Catch the Bug challenge.

Carrie said...

so super cute!!! i love the green panel with the holes to match the cheese

Helen Anderson said...

A lovely card Karen! I love the colour scheme too. I'm a SU Demo in the UK so will have a go at this combo myself!

Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

Helen xx

Sheree said...

I love this one Karen!! Your colouring is always blended so perfectly. Love the image and layout!
Hugs,
Sheree

Linda said...

Love the way the card looks padded and that sentiment is too cute.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi, I was too late in reading your message to enter your candy but thank you for telling me about it. I missed out on a lovelyj image there! Thank you too for your lovely comments on my blog. this is such a cute card! I love it Judy x