Friday, August 12, 2011

Quirky Alligator


Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing this fun card I created using the digital image, digital paper and sentiment from the Quirky Alligator stamp set by Doodle Pantry. I added zig zag stitching and the orange edge die cut using the Die-namics Jumbo Ric Rac Die to bring out the spikes on the alligator's tail.


For the card base I used Basic Black and PTI White.  The sentiment and image were both printed on PTI White and the image colored in using copic markers.  To embellish the card I simply added two large orange brads.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Quirky Alligator (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Basic Black and Only Orange (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Digital Patterned Paper (Doodle Pantry, Quirky Alligator Stamp Set)
  • Ink: Copics YR16, Y15, Y17, C0, YG03, YG05, YG07, YG09
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Die-namics Jumbo Ric Rac (My Favorite Things), Large Orange Brads, Mounting Tape

20 comments:

Patti J said...

This is adorable, Karen! So clean and simple - why don't I ever think to sew on my cards? I totally love the look! Great card, my friend - thanks for sharing :)

Heide said...

Super fun card, love the rick rac that looks like spikes. Fun, fun, Fun!

*Vicki* said...

Karen, this is really precious hun!! Love the added stitching!! :O)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowzers! I love this. Fabulous design. Love the ric rac. What a great look.

Robbie said...

Karen, this is sooooo cute! Love the stitching and the jumbo ric rac edge is awesome, perfect match for his tail.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, this is really adorable. Love the spikes down the side of the card! Wow, I need that die! Really super cute!
Hugs, Sarah

Glenda Atkins said...

Super cute card and fabulous stitching, also really love the Ric Rac Die cut! I would say super , but I think I said that:)!!

Head Twirp said...

Adorable...and the ric rac is perfect!

Lorie said...

That is completely and totally adorable! Like the others I love the ric rac!

Debby said...

fantastic card!!!

Anja said...

Such a funny card - I like it!

Lynne in NI said...

Too cute! Love your dino border!

Hev said...

This is so cute, I love the uncluttered style of your cards, I've even tried imitating your pierced holes but I didn't get it quite right.
Luv Hev xx

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh this is sooo adorable! Love it!

Patty Sue 2 said...

He is so cute...love the stitching!

Linda said...

Love the way you followed through with the dragons tail to the orange border.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Lol! What a great card! I love the colours, the stitching and the fun die cut border.

Laura said...

Hi Karen! Thanks for visiting my blog! This card is super cute, I love the stitching! Have a great monday!

Davi said...

Delightful card Karen,,,that little alligator makes me smile!!

Lisa said...

OH this is AMAZING - how totally adorable to put those ridges down the side! And of course you know I am a huge fan of your stitching!! Beautiful, neat, and clean card = LOVE IT! :)