Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vintage Auto


Hi everyone! After creating this card I'm ready to admit that I don't have a vintage bone in my body, at least when it comes to cardmaking, LOL! I love visiting old historic places though and in fact spent the day yesterday walking on the beach and along the lake front in Duluth, the westernmost point of the Great Lakes on the north shore of Lake Superior.
 


My card features the COLOR version of the Vintage Auto digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry. My card base is Sahara Sand layered with White Cardstock then digital paper stitched around the edges. The image was printed on White Cardstock then layered on Sahara Sand. To embellish the card I added a bow made with Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, a rhinestone accent and pearls in each corner of the image.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Vintage Auto (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Vintage Auto Digital Paper (Doodle Pantry)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon (Stampin' Up), Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Rhinestone Accent (Colorbok), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

19 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Karen, this card is gorgeous. What a great image and I just love how you finished off the rest of the card. great colors and embellishment. Thank you for sharing.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my! This is terrific. Love the fabulous background you created with the matching digi papers. The image looks fantastic. Such a wonderful design.

Patti J said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Great use of the DP's, and what a perfect layout! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing - have a great weekend!

Cally said...

Vintage or not, it is fab
Hugs
Cally x

misteejay said...

Karen this is a really lovely card. The colours are beautiful - soft but not wishy-washy.

Love it.

Toni xx

jimlynn said...

Karen, I LOVE IT!!! So very pretty and wonderful colors.
Lynn

Kathy W. said...

Awesome card..love the colors on this one!! Great job Karen =)

Sandra said...

Just fabulous love the image :) Sandra H

Lorie said...

Oh, this is just so lovely Karen! I don't "do" vintage either so I understand your thoughts but you did a great job!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous car Karen, the card is beautiful, you did a fantastic job, love it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

It's a beautiful card karen, love the papers and colors!

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Karen!!!
hugs & blessings

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, what a darling darling card! I love the colors then that swirl with the bling! Wow, how fun is this!
Hugs, Sarah

Betty said...

Love your colour combo Karen on this creation, all goes so well together.
Betty x x

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen this is STUNNING!!~

Anja said...

Wow! Excellent!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous!! LOVE the vintage image and your papers look gorgeous with it!! :) TFS!!

Anonymous said...

I read the other comments and ditto every one of them. I LOVE this card! I would never of dreamed doing that card in pink, but I love everything you did with it. Pat K.

Kristine said...

Hi Karen! I don't "Do" vintage either, but with Laurie's fabby digi papers, you can't go wrong. LOVE this... and very femanine (sp?) LOL... with the rose color. I really love your card!! :)