Monday, September 12, 2011

Autumn Harvest


Hi everyone!  I'm back playing along with the progressive challenge at Delightful Inspiration again today. This week's image is the Autumn Harvest digital stamp by Designed2Delight. I love the beauty of fall colors and new I wanted to create a project using this image as soon as I saw it!


My card base is More Mustard layered with white cardstock then patterned paper stitched around the edges. My husband says my cards are all square of late so I rounded all the corners on this one. The shadow layer is Kiwi Kiss finished on both sides using the Deckled Edge Scissors. I wrapped DMC white around the card base and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image was printed on white cardstock and colored in using copic markers. Instead of paper piercing I stitched around the edges then layered the image on More Mustard. The leaves I picked up in the bargain bin at the local stamp store last weekend while shopping. I added a yellow button threaded with DMC White at the base of the leaves. To further embellish the card I added a Sunflower Dew Drop in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Autumn Harvest (Designed2Delight)
  • Paper: More Mustard, Kiwi Kiss (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Tim Coffey Fall Stripe Patterned Paper (K&Company)
  • Ink: Copics E07, E09, E35, E37, Y13, Y15, YR23, YR24, YG95, YG97, T4, T6
  • Other: Stitching, Deckled Edge Scissors (Fiskars), Corner Rounder Punch, Harvest Decor (Sierra Pacific Crafts), Yellow Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

14 comments:

SandraW said...

Lovely card, Karen! As usual! :-D
Great autumn colours you used!

Hugs, Sandra

Hope said...

Beautiful card!! Love the title of your blog! I love my fur baby buddies too!

Margo said...

Hi Karen,
very nice autumn card ! I love these colours !
Greetz
Margo

Lorie said...

How absolutely gorgeous! I think I need to do some fall creating now!

jimlynn said...

Just GREAT! Love the way you added the leaves with this pretty image.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous Fall design Karen!! I love the added stitching details! :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful fall card! I love your colours and all the stitching. The leaf accents are perfect!

Sandra said...

This is lovely great stitching and the image is just Autumn!! great colours and great background really is lovely:) Sandra H

Carrie said...

i love fall cards. i really like the leaves on here. this is a beauty Karen

misteejay said...

I love Autumn colours and this card has them - really beautiful.

Toni xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous everything, Karen. This is a beautiful card. Love it!

Faith S. said...

Your card is stunning! Gorgeous coloring, colors, and embellishments!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous coloring on this - beautiful! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Bridget said...

Wow! I love what you've done with this week's Freebie @ Designed2Delight! Thanks for joining us!