Friday, September 23, 2011

Baking Bear


Hi everyone! I'm not a chef by any means but I do LOVE baking and more to the point eating yummy baked goods, LOL!!! So when I saw the image featured on today's card I couldn't resist whipping up a card to share my passion for all things sweet! In creating the card I used the COLORED image and sentiment from the Baking Bear digital stamp by Clear Dollar Stamps.


The card base is More Mustard layered with White Cardstock then digital paper and Brocade Blue stitched around the edges. I also wrapped a strip of yellow grosgrain ribbon around the card base and taped the ends down on the back side. The image was printed on White Cardstock then layered on More Mustard. I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the white cardstock and the Corner Rounder Punch on the More Mustard. To embellish the card I added a bow made with yellow grosgrain ribbon and a silver rhinestone in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Baking Bear (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: More Mustard and Brocade Blue (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Digital Patterned Paper (Clear Dollar Stamps, Baking Bear Stamp Set)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Corner Rounder Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Silver Flower Brads, Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

7 comments:

Margo said...

Hi Karen,
Looks like this bear is making realy making something yummie ! I love your stitching !
Hugs
Margo

Lorie said...

Absolutely adorable Karen! The colors are just perfect together!

misteejay said...

What a cutie - lovely card Karen.

Toni xx

Sandra said...

This is stunning l'd have a baking bear in my kitchen anytime.....lol colours are gorgeous too!:) Sandra H

CTgirl said...

What a lovely, yummy card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome card, Karen. Sweet image.

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card karen and fantastic blog! I like blkog hopping because I come to discover great creations and such beautiful blogs!
Thank you so much for the work you do for us over at Feline Playful! Congrats and have a great day!
Hugs, Iulia