Thursday, September 15, 2011

Calendula Flower


Hi everyone! Today I've got a beautiful floral card to share with you.  I haven't done as many floral cards lately and have to say I really miss them because their beauty brightens my day.  The floral image used on today's card is the Calendula October Flower of the Month digital stamp by Clear Dollar Stamps.


My card base is Summer Sun layered with White then Kraft cardstock embossed using the Happy Birthday embossing folder. The shadow strips are Green Galore. I added tons of stitching and white satin ribbon with a matching bow. The image was printed on White and colored in using copic markers. To further embellish the card I added silver rhinestones in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Calendula FOM (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: Summer Sunrise, Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Green Galore Cardstock (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Copics BG0000, Y32, Y35, Y38, YG13, YG17
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Happy Birthday Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), White Satin Ribbon, Silver Gems (from Wal-mart), Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

12 comments:

Sandra said...

Your card is beautiful! the flower is so nicely coloured and the background colours, white ribbon and beads just look amazing:) Sandra H

SandraW said...

Love it!
:-D

Hugs, Sandra

Margo said...

Very stylish card with lovely flowers !
Greetz
Margo

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Karen, I like the flowers, the embossing and the stitching.
Kevin xx

Sandy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the embossing and the sewing with the big pretty ribbon. Just so pretty!

Jerusha said...

This card is so beautiful. I love how you have placed the bow at the end of the stem - very nice! I have added you to my blog roll this month, so sorry I hadn't done that last month...just a glitch I guess! xo

Lorie said...

Oh, Karen...this is beautiful! My birthday is in October and I never really liked the marigold as my flower but I would take it if they all looked like this! :D

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous, Karen. Love all the stitching and design with your fabulous coloring.

The Stamper's Touch said...

What a gorgeous card Karen!!!! Lots and lots of my favorites are on it...flowers, sewing, embossing, rhinestones, ribbon and dimensionals! Gorgeous indeed!

Linda

Carrie said...

i love all the sewing you do on your cards it adds such a nice touch

*Vicki* said...

Oh Karen, your layouts are always so striking and very well placed together hun!! I love the flowers and yummy ribbon you've used!! :)

Kira said...

Очаровательная открыточка! А какая ровная строчка! Просто прелесть! Я новичок в скрапбукинге, у меня так еще не получается:)