Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happiness Blooms


Hi everyone!  Welcome to this week's progressive challenge with Delightful Inspiration.  The cute floral image used on today's card is the Happiness Blooms digital stamp by Designed2Delight.


My card base is Blue Bayou layered with White Cardstock then patterned paper stitched around the edges. The shadow layer is Pale Plum finished using the corner rounder punch. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I rounded the corners and paper pierced around the edges then layered it on Blue Bayou. To embellish the card I added organdy ribbon and snow pearls.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Happiness Blooms (Designed2Delight)
  • Paper: Blue Bayou and Pale Plum (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Copics BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, V91, V93, V95, V99, YG61, YG63
  • Other: Stitching, Corner Rounder Punch (Stampin' Up), Paper Piercing, Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Organdy Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Karen this is just beautiful l love the colours you have used and the ribbon background and pearls truly lovely:) Sandra H

jimlynn said...

Lovely! I really like how you used the pearls on this Karen and great stitching. Beautiful.
Lynn

Hope G. said...

Very pretty card and great coloring = ) I particulary like the stitching!

Tammy said...

Hi Karen!
This is gorgeous!! I love the blue and plum color combo! Fantastic stitching too!
Tammy :)

Lorie said...

Wow, that is so pretty! I adore the colors and your coloring!

Jackie R. said...

Hi Karen, this card is so bold and I love the rich colors! I really enjoy the way you did the stitching holes and then the real stitching around the outside.

sistochris said...

Karen,
Nice card! I love the coloring. I'm a huge fan of the brown and blue/teal combination. I love the detail of the stitching and paper piercing. Have a great day, and thanks for sharing!

How are you handling our chilly Minnesota weekend?

Pam~ said...

The colors are beautiful on your card! I really like the added pearls ... stunning touch! Lovely card!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! I really love the colors on this one and the pearls really bring out the layout design beautifully!! :)

Peggysue said...

This is so very pretty Karen! I love these colors together. Yummy! Thanks so much for using Happiness Blooms by Designed2Delight and entering our challenge. We enjoy seeing your work!

Kathy said...

Very pretty Karen! Love your colors and shading you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at D2D this week.