Friday, September 2, 2011

Kitty Bouquet


Hi everyone! I'm really excited to share that I've been invited to stay on another term with the Doodle Pantry Design Team, YIPPEE!!! I'm having lots of fun playing with the colored images in addition to all the fabulous floral and animal outlines I love so much. The pretty image used on today's card is the Kitty Bouquet digital stamp by Doodle Pantry.


My card base is True Black layered with White Cardstock then Pixie Pink embossed using the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder. The shadow layer is Kraft layered with True Black Cardstock. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. To embellish the card I added a bow made from black satin ribbon and two black buttons threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Kitty Bouquet (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: True Black, Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Pixie Pink (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Copics E43, E44, RV06, RV09, YG13, YG17
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Black Satin Ribbon, Black Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

18 comments:

misteejay said...

Beautiful card Karen - cute image and lovely colours.

Toni xx

Donna said...

Great card, Karen! Congrats on being on being asked back to serve on Doodle Pantry. I love all of Laurie's digis. Have a good day!!

Patti J said...

Karen, this may be my favorite of your cards - LOVE the color combo, and the layout! So pretty!!! Thanks for sharing...

Lorie said...

Oh, that is just lovely Karen! I really like that Kraft panel...very nice!

Sandra said...

Many congratulations and a fabulous card:) Sandra H

Kristine said...

OH how PURRRTY! Love this card karen! And your kitty matches your kraft cardstock perfectly! I'm so glad you gave the Copic numbers you used ... I'm gonna have to get those tan colors :) Great job and YAY, you're staying on! Me too!!

Lau W said...

So cute kitty, love your colouring !
xxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fantastic card, Karen! Love your design and colors. You always make the best crisp design and you stitching is perfection! That lovely bow is the perfect finishing touch. Enjoy your weekend.

Glenda Atkins said...

Ahhh that kitty is one of my favs, love what you did with her and your background is gorgeous!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Karen, this is really darling hun!! I just adore the rich colors on this!! :)

SandraW said...

Such a sweet card, Karen. Very beautiful. Love the black bow you used!

Hugs, Sandra

Amy Johnson said...

So pretty! Love the pink with the big black bow. Glad your staying on Doodle Pantry for another term!

Cally said...

Wonderful card Karen. Pink and black go so well together.
Hugs
Cally x

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Congratulations! I love your kitty card and was wondering what color the berry paper was, thanks for including that in your post today. I think I even have some left :)

I love your card layout and coloring is fabulous Karen!

Patti P. said...

Karen, congrats on being on the dt for a second term, I am looking forward to working with you at DP this term. Your card is beautiful....great choice of colors and love the LO design. I also like all of your textures.
Patti P.

Sharon Basel said...

A terrific card Karen! Love the layout, textures and your signature paper piercing that adds so much interest to the card.
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Karen - I love this card- "purrfect" design sketch and the embossing adds such great texture. I love it!

Lorianna said...

Love This!!
Super Cute!
The layout is perfect
Hugs