Monday, September 5, 2011

Quirky Bat


Hi everyone! I hope all my crafty friends in the US are enjoying the long holiday weekend! I thought I'd get out and do a little shopping today but before I head out want to share this fun card I created for the new challenge kicking off today at the Doodle Pantry Challenge Blog

It's also the 5th which means lots of fun new images so be sure to stop by the store and check them all out. While there don't forget to take advantage of the 30% off special running September 5-7th! My spooky card features the Quirky Bat digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry.


My card base is True Black layered with White Cardstock then Halloween Night patterned paper. The shadow layer is Kraft layered on True Black with orange ribbon wrapped around it. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. To embellish the card I added an orange bow and black crushed velvet brads in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Quirky Bat (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: True Black, Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Halloween Night Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Copics YG93, YR14, T2, T3, T4, E42, E43, E44
  • Other: Paper Piercing, Orange Ribbon, Black Crushed Velvet Brads (Doodlebug Design), 1 1/4" Circle Punch and 1 3/8" Circle Punch (Stampin' Up), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape 

21 comments:

jimlynn said...

LOL!!! TOO cute Karen. Love it.
Lynn

Carrie said...

this is so cute!!! i love that bat and sentiment, but i'm batty for anything halloween lol

Patti J said...

OMG Karen - how cute is this! Your bat makes my bat look a bit sad!!! Thanks for sharing another fabulous creation! Must go get my post finished!!! Hugs...

Sandra said...

This is just so lovely great image and greatly coloured too:) Sandra H

Amy Johnson said...

Oh this is just too cute and adorable! I love the colors!

Lorie said...

Eek! This is absolutely the cutest bat I have ever seen! Great card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

OMG, this is super fantabulous! Karen your coloring and wonderful design is gorgeous. LOVING this fantastic creation.

Sharon Basel said...

This is adorable Karen. I love the colors and how you colored this darling bat. No one would be afraid of bats if they were all as cute as this one!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

auntbeespickles said...

Hi karen!! How fun is this! I just love this! How fun to even make his wings different than his body - great creativity. I love the color choice too! I can't wait to use this adorable bat!!
Hugs, Sarah

Glenda Atkins said...

Karen I love your version of the bat card, it is just so adorable!!
Well done.

Kristine said...

Hi Karen! Your bat is colored awesomely, and I love your sketch too! Great card *Ü* So glad you're staying on ~ I love this team!!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love how you colored this quirky bat and the layering with the kraft paper is fabulous - looks like he is hanging off a fence.

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE the quirky bat Karen with all the different layers and textures. Fantastic card

Donna said...

Simply love the color combination you used! Fantastic Card!!

misteejay said...

**chuckle** Oh that is so cute - fab card Karen.

Toni xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So very pretty with my fav colors! I love your design and coloring of the image too!
What fun to get to work side by side with such talent!
Hugs,
Georgia

troy said...

aw this is sooo cute, love it to bits

have a great day Karen

hugs Troy xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

This is very cute with beautiful colours and a nice combination Karen.
The background is fabulous.
Lovely greet Marja

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is really cute Karen! Great sketch, colors and use of your ribbon!

Vicki said...

Karen what a gorgeous creation! I love your piercing and the colors were just beautiful! Thank you so much for the warm welcome to the guest designer spot this month...I am so excited to work with this awesome team!!!

HUGS!
Vicki

Lorianna said...

Love the colors
This is such a cute card.
That DP fits perfect
Hugs