Monday, September 19, 2011

Quirky Ostrich


Hi everyone! We've had a dip in the temperature here lately so I was tickled pink that I got to hang out in my PJ's and housecoat this weekend while playing in my craft room. The layout used on today's card is one of my favorites. The cute ostrich is from the Quirky Ostrich digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry. I paired it with digital paper from the Clear Dollar Stamps Baking Bear digital stamp set.


My card base is Dark Brown layered with White Cardstock then digital patterned paper stitched around the edges. The shadow layer is Kraft Cardstock distressed around the eges and embellished with white flowers finished with silver rhinestones. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edges and layered it on Dark Brown. To further embellish the card I added a Dark Brown Button threaded with Jute Twine.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Quirky Ostrich (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Dark Brown and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Digital Patterned Paper (Clear Dollar Stamps, Baker's Bear Stamp Set)
  • Ink: Copics BG72, E42, E43, E44
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Edge Distresser (CTMH), Trio Flower Punch (Stampin' Up), Silver Rhinestones (KaiserScrapbook), Dark Brown Button and Jute Twine (Papertrey Ink), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape 

20 comments:

SandraW said...

What a hilarious stamp you used on this card, Karen! Hahaha! I really love it!!!!
Great colouring and nice colours you used. Totally love this card!

Keep up the good work, I'm a big fan.

Hugs, Sandra

Donna said...

Karen - I love your card - your coloring is fantastic and goes so well with the paper. I'm going to have to try that paper piercing - thanks for the inspiration.

Patti J said...

Yay for Pj's!!! What a sweet card, Karen! Love this little critter - it is just too cute! The stitching and piercing on your card is the perfect finishing touch, and you know me with Kraft and buttons!!! This card is a winner :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Karen, this is so dang cute! LOVE how you colored this image and the fabulous mix of digi paper and colors. Your crisp designs are the best!

Doreen said...

Oh this is fabulous,love the image.xxx

Amy Johnson said...

too cute! I love the colors you used!

jimlynn said...

What a fun, fun card with that adorable image! So cute and I like the little flowers you added too.
Lynn

Lorie said...

Very cute Karen! Once again your stitching and piercing make the card!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This ostrich makes me smile!! LOVE this darling layout and the added threading!! Too cute!! Hope you've had a great weekend!! HUGS

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, how cute!! I can see why this is one of your favorite layouts - it's great! Love the colors you choose! Super cute!
Hugs, Sarah

Kristine said...

Hi Karen, I LOVE this card! I think what I like most about it is the colors and cs you used *Ü* Nice job (as always)!!

Sandra said...

This is a very cute image:) Sandra H

Kathy W. said...

Love the colors on your card Karen! Brown and blue is one of my faves. Great coloring and layout...love that paper too.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Karen,
What a pretty card with those wonderful colors you have used! I love the sewing and the piercing around the edges too.Great "touches" to the card!
~Hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

Love the quirky ostrich, just too adorable! Love how you did the flowers.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fun Card!! Oh my this is a delight to look at, love that quirky ostrich and the fab colours you used. Great button with the twine, love that effect!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh I love your Quirky Ostrich Karen, how cute!

Vicki said...

Karen this is gorgeous! I love the colors!!! And your stitching and piercing just adds so much! Lovely job!

HUGS!
Vicki

Elizabeth Hart said...

I have always wanted to see a turquoise ostrich! Really, the color combo is a total delight!

Patti P. said...

Sorry to just be visiting...we have been away and I am behind. I love your ostrich, this is one of my very favorite color combos and you did it up to perfection!!