Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spring Friends


Hi everyone! It's time again for a new challenge at The Pixie Cottage. As always, there are two parts to the challenge and you may choose either or both to play along with. We have a fun new sketch and this week's theme is "Buttons, Brads and Bows". My card highlights the Spring Friends rubber stamp by Pixie Cottage Stamps.


My card base is So Saffron layered with White Cardstock then patterned stitched around the edges.  The shadow layer is also So Saffron with another patterned paper from the Gertie Collection.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers.  To embellish the card I added a couple buttons threaded with DMC White, a bow made with organdy ribbon and antique gold flower brads.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Spring Friends (Pixie Cottage Stamps)
  • Paper: So Saffron (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Patterned Paper (My Mind's Eye, Stella and Rose Gertie Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R20, R22, R24, R27, B00, B01, E00, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, YG93, YG95, E42, E44, E47, E49
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Antique Gold Flower Brads, Buttons, DMC White, Organdy Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

9 comments:

SandraW said...

She's so sweet... Love the card, Karen. As usual... Hahaha! ;-)

Hugs, Sandra

cg said...

How lovely is this! I wanted to thank you for starting Feline Playful; it's such a wonderful resource. I don't know how you ever did it alone! I also wanted to thank you for inspiring my very first cat-themed card, which I made for the FP blog hop. I'm following your blog, so I can keep up on your gorgeous work :)

Sandra said...

Karen this is such a sweet image love all the layout and the colours are gorgeous:) Sandra H

Tanya R said...

Just loving the colors.
Hugs
Tanya

*Vicki* said...

Oh so very precious!! I love your design and your coloring on this sweet image hun!! TFS! :)

misteejay said...

This is so sweet - lovely card.

Toni xx

Lorie said...

This is soooo sweet! I love all the layers!

Margo said...

Hi Karen,
you have been busy !!!
I've been cathing up on some post from over the past days and this is the third one from you I hop into :)
This card is very cute aswell !
Hugs
Margo

Anne said...

Beautiful, Karen! Lovely design and beautiful coloring of the image ;)

Hugs from Anne