Monday, October 10, 2011

Cupcake Birgitta


Hi everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. For me this was one of those weekends where I got a lot of nothing done, LOL! I thought I'd start the week off on the right foot and share this cute Swiss Pixie card I created just for fun. The darling little girl is the Cupcake Birgitta rubber stamp by C.C. Designs.


My card base is Dark Brown layered with White Cardstock then Pink Passion embossed using the D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder. The shadow layer is Green Galore embossed using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. I stitched around the edges of the both the Pink Passion and Green Galore.

The image and sentiment are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on White Cardstock and the image colored in using copic markers. I used Diamond Stickles to add some sparkle on her wings. The pretty matching bow was made from wired ribbon I found in my stash. To finish off the card I added silver rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Cupcake Birgitta (C.C. Designs), Happy Birthday (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Dark Brown and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Pink Passion and Green Galore (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E000, E00, R20, T1, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, YG05, YG07, RV02, RV06, RV09
  • Other: Stitching, D'vine Swirls and Swiss Dots Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug), Paper Piercing, Wired Ribbon, Silver Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Diamond Stickles, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape 

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Karen.
Love the image and your colouring is lovely. I like your paper choice with the embossing too, the swiss dot is my all time favorite folder. Debbiexx

SandraW said...

Love this cute-card, Karen! Gorgeous stamp, beautiful colours and great lay out!

Hugs, Sandra

jimlynn said...

So very pretty! LOVE all the pinks and greens. Just gorgeous.
Lynn

Lau W said...

Oh this girl is so cute, and i love the design of your card, very nice !
xxx

Sandra said...

Wow your card is so beautiful, the background and the image is adorable:) Sandra H

Lorie said...

Oh, Karen..this is so sweet! I adore the brown, pink, and green! That stitching and piercing are great too!