Saturday, October 1, 2011

Quirky Penguin


Hi everyone! Happy World Card Making Day!!! This is my first winter card of the season and already has my addiction for snowflakes, snowmen and well... all things winter bubbling over, LOL! I've some fantastic news to share, the Doodle Pantry has some fabulous new release images out today.  Both the image and sentiment used on today's card are from the Quirky Penguin digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry.
 

My card base is Dark Green Bazzill Cardstock layered with White Cardstock then Ice Storm patterned paper. The Light Blue Cardstock is also by Bazzill and was finished on one side using the Scallop Dot Punch. I stitched around the edge of the card base then wrapped white grosgrain ribbon around it and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edges and layered it on more of the Dark Green Bazzill Cardstock. To embellish the card I added a bow made with white grosgrain ribbon and a clear dew drop in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Quirky Penguin (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Ice Storm Patterned Paper (Imagination Project, Six Below Zero Collection)
  • Ink: Copics G28, T2, T3, T4, Y15, Y19, BG000, BG0000
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Dot Punch (Martha Stewart), White Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

19 comments:

Lorie said...

How cute Karen! I love it!

jimlynn said...

So cute Karen - and it almost makes me wish winter was here! Great card!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh I love the mix of colors! What a super great card. So well done with your wonderful details and coloring, Karen.

Margo said...

Hi Karen,
very noce card !
Greetz
Margo

SandraW said...

Lovely card & great colours!

Hugs, Sandra

Patti J said...

Karen, this is so pretty! The colors you've used are crisp and beautiful - great job!!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh Karen, I adore your penguin, the fabulous stitching and the blue green colours, wow!! Pretty good bow too :0) Fab!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love the coloring on your penguin - those little green arms are perfect - who says a penquin has to be black and white.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Karen,
I love your card! The colors are wonderful together and your stitching is perfect!
~Hugs~

Donna said...

Karen - totally adorable - love the paper piercing!!

Kristine said...

Super card Karen!! Love this Quirky Penguin and great "cool" colors too! *Ü*

Amy Johnson said...

too adorable!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, So fun! Love the colors you choose! He is just darling!!
Hugs, Sarah

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- fun layout too. I do not look forward to the winter weather and the snow......cool way you added the sentiment too.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your fun penguin Karen!

*Vicki* said...

Oh I adore penguins!! This is so very sweet Karen!! ;)

Kathy W. said...

Oh I just love this card..I love penguins and this is awesome!! Great layout too.

Patti P. said...

What great colors you have chosen...love your coloring as welll. This is a great LO design.

Dawn Frost said...

Karen very cute card, love the layers and paper piercing!