Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Three Fall Mice


Hi everyone! It's time again for a new challenge at The Pixie Cottage. As always, there are two parts to the challenge and you may choose either or both to play along with. We have a fun new sketch and this week's theme is "Sweet As Candy".
  

This is my last challenge with The Pixie Cottage Design Team this term and want to thank Michelle, Katie and the rest of the team for all the inspiration and creativity, I've had a fabulous time! Today's card was inspired by this week's sketch and features the Three Fall Mice digital stamp by Pixie Cottage Stamps.


My card base is Pumpkin Pie layered with White Cardstock then Harvest Table patterned paper. The shadow layer is Basic Grey layered on Pumpkin. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I die cut and embossed the image using Standard Circles Small Nestabilities and layered it on Pumpkin Pie die cut using the Standard Circles Large Nestabilies. To embellish the card I added tons of stitching, a bow made from Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon and two orange buttons threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Three Fall Mice (Pixie Cottage Stamps)
  • Paper: Basic Grey and Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Harvest Table Patterned Paper (Bo-Bunny Press)
  • Ink: Copics YR12, YR15, G21, G24, C2, C4, C6
  • Other: Stitching, Standard Circles Small and Large Nestabilities, Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon, Orange Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

34 comments:

iza said...

so sweet :):) hi hi

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! What adorable mices!!! LOVE your Fall colors and fabulous take on the sketch hun!! ;)

Davi said...

Karen love that card!! The dp is so perfect with it and the fun layers and grey accents make one fun card :) I sure will miss working with you but I will be around to see what you are up to :)

jimlynn said...

Karen, your stitching on this is over the top! So nice. Precious image on this cute, cute, card.
Lynn

misteejay said...

That is a lovely image - fab card.

Toni xx

Tanya R said...

What a great fall card. We shall miss you and your beautiful cards.
Hugs
Tanya

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful. I adore your colours. Kim

Sandra said...

Karen this is just fabulous :) Sandra H

Lorie said...

Awww...this is so sweet! Once again, I love the stitching!

Pam~ said...

I love your cards so much! I am more of cutesy stamper than elegant and your cards always amaze me! I must look and see where you get your images. These mice are adorable!!! Fun and festive card, Karen!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love your papers and stitching.

Marge said...

Your card is adorable beginning with those sweet mice, your awesome BG paper, all that stitching and right down to the buttons & bow!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Crafty_Fairie said...

Wow great colouring thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK.

Hope to see you again

Kerry

Marleen said...

wow a stunning card. I love the colours.
Thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk
Marleen xxx

craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, love the little mice. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel UK challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Cathy Lee said...

This is so cute, Karen. Had to stop by and tell you. Your image is so sweet and love how you've colored it.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Charlotte said...

This is just so cute. I love the sweet little image. Great card.

Charlotte

Sande said...

Fab card. Great colors and cute buttons!


Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends on our fornight challenge. Hope to see you again soon!

Hugs, Sande xx

Tracy said...

What a wonderful card, the mice are darling! Thank you for joining us @ My Sheri Crafts! Hope to see more of your beautiful work!

Craftdee said...

I LOVE this card...ticks all the boxes for me: cute image, lovely colour paletee and fab design (love the "clean" look you do so well :-) BTW thanks for dropping by my blog, I appreciate you leaving comments even if I don't always get the time to reciprocate (I sometimes get my aspirations and abilities mixed up in the "I've got time" department, lol Dee xx

Sheri said...

This is lovely! Great details! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

Crea Astrid said...

I'm glad you're on my blog a look. You also have great card on your blog. Am become as follower.
Find this card very well. Nice color too.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a lovely Halloween card.

Stephanie said...

Love it, the mice are adorable! Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug.

Faye said...

Karen, this is adorable. I just love the image and your buttons and bows! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Cupcake this week. x

Brodders said...

Such a fab card Karen, your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week :)

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card! Thanks so much for joining our Animal Antics Challenge at CTB!

Fabrizio said...

Those mice are so cute, I love 'em ! Thanks for participating in the Panpastel Challenge. X Fab

Fabrizio said...

Hi Karen me again, I couldn't help but feature your card on my website papermood.com I hope that's ok :)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joing at KKKGC this week…

Hugs
Judith

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh this is so cute!!! Love the darling mice and Oh- I love the stitching!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly!
hugs, Sharon

Pat (mspfd) said...

What adorable mice! Great image. Love what you did with it. You always combine your images with the best background papers and designs!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.