Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Witch Tilda With Pumpkins


Hi everyone!  I picked up this Witch Tilda With Pumpkins rubber stamp about this same time last year and even got around to stamping it on white cardstock then there it sat all year, LOL!!! Since it was all ready for me to color I couldn't resist trying out my new copic coloring skills! And I'm proud to say that my husband noticed and kindly commented on how great he thought the shading looked! I was surprised he liked the shading since when I first started using copic markers he didn't like the look, I'm hoping that means I've improved some since then, LOL!!!


My card base is True Black layered with White Cardstock then Luminous Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is Plum Pudding layered on True Black. The image and sentiment are printed on White Cardstock and the image colored in using copic markers. I distressed the edges of the card base, shadow layer, sentiment and the image using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and a sponge. To embellish the card I added a bow made with shimmery orange ribbon and a ton of black pearls.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Witch Tilda With Small Pumpkins (Magnolia)
  • Paper: True Black, Plum Pudding and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Luminous Patterned Paper (Authentique Paper, Glowing Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics T3, T5, V20, V25, G82, E000, R00, E42, E44, YR16, YR18
  • Other: Black Pearls (KaiserCraft), Orange Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLNEGES:

20 comments:

Ambrella (Catherine) said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and perfect coloring.
Hugs

Sivic said...

I like your cards and the shading looks great!!
It's a lovely christmas candy too : )
And I love your crafting room!!!
Have a nice day!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowzers! Your coloring/shading is amazing. What a gorgeous card! Love that sweet image.

Hanneke said...

Hi, I think the shading looks really nice! I love the colors you used, for me they are typical Halloween colors, too bad that in The Netherlands we don't really "do" Halloween. Great job! Hugs, Hanneke

misteejay said...

Fab card and what a super Tilda.

Toni xx

Cindy2 said...

Love your mix of papers. Well done.

*Vicki* said...

AWW! Karen, this is sooo very sweet!! LOVE the colors and your sweet Tilda makes a darling witch! ;)

downrightcrafty said...

she is such a doll isn't she and such sweet pumpkins, love the sentiment and gorgeous papers
Hugs Kate xx

Linda said...

I think your coloring is beautiful!!!And the cars is soooo cute;)Hugs,Linda

Sandra said...

Karen your card is beautiful:) Sandra H

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

What a fantastically fab Halloween card with all the sponging, distressing and great colouring!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ Halloween/Fall Challenge!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

SandraW said...

Gorgeous card, Karen!
Great to see you used a Magnolia-image!
And your colouring is super!
Great compliment your husband gave you, so sweet...
:-D

Hugs, Sandra

cg said...

What a gorgeous card! Wonderful coloring, and color choices. Love it!

Helen said...

What a cute little lady. Beautiful card. Regards.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Karen

She is gorgeous - what a lovely card with a great LO.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Maggie's Crafts said...

Lovely creation!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad in Halloween challenge this week.

Maggie
x

Victoria said...

She's a beautiful little witch. thanks for playing along with The Crafty pad this week.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awwww- this is a darling card- love the great colors- I never use my Tilda's....should break some out.....! Thanks for the inspiration- she looks so sweet in her purple dress!

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card love this Tilda so cute. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x

Carrie said...

I love this witchy tilda, great layout to this card too.