Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cute Quail


Hi everyone!  Its time again for lots of fun new releases at the Doodle Pantry.  This image is free with any purchase for a limited time.  Both the sentiment and image used on today's card are from the Cute Quail digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry.


My card base is Handsome Hunter layered with White Cardstock then patterned paper and Kraft Cardstock finished using the Grass Edge Punch. The sentiment and image are printed on White Cardstock and the image colored using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edge then layered the image on Handsome Hunter. The sentiment was punched out using the Modern Label Punch. To embellish the card I added stitching, a bow made with Twill and a pearl in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Cute Quail (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Handsome Hunter (Stampin' Up), Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Copics E40, E43, E44, BG93, BG96, BG99
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Grass Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Modern Label Punch (Stampin' Up), Twill, Pearls (KaiserScrapbook), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

23 comments:

SandraW said...

Great card, Karen! Love the colours and the image is gorgeous!
Even my son likes your card, hahaha!
Thumbs up for you!

Hugs, Sandra

Helen said...

What a great card. Regards.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! You did an amazing job with this image. Love the colors and papers and CAS look.

Hanneke said...

What a cute quail! I like the neutral colors you used and the sentiments is really funny! Hugs, Hanneke

Lorie said...

Ooo...I just love the masculine-ness (lol!) of this card! Just wonderful!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the color combo and pop of plaid on this gorgeous card. Your designs are are so fresh and crisp. You did a beautiful job showcasing this fun image.

Sandra said...

Karen, this is just so beautiful the background papers are stunning as is the image pearls, ribbon and sentiment .......gorgeous:) Sandra H

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your quail is darling Karen, the colors you've chosen are gorgeous! I really like the plaid and kraft, wow! :)

Kathy W. said...

Hi Karen, love your card..I absolutely love the papers and layout too. great job *Ü*

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable or what, super job on the card and I just love the background paper! Too cute!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my what a cutie pie!! :) Love your layout, colors and stitching details Karen!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Patti P. said...

Karen, this made a gorgeous card...can't wait to try this set. I love plaid and in this color palette, beautiful! Great job!
Hugs, Patti

Craftyanny said...

Love this CAS look to this one Karen
Anne x

jimlynn said...

Like the idea of using the twill ribbon with this image. Very cute card.
Lynn

TuKara/Karena/ said...

Super!!!vraiment magnifique cart!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am crazy about the plaid on this card - it is just perfect with this quail and I love the placement of the sentiment, Too!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Karen,
I love your card and that coloring of the quail is perfect with that plaid paper! Such a pretty card with that stitching too!
~Hugs~

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Karen too cute! Love the colors you choose for this card! Love that plaid paper!
Hugs, Sarah

Dawn Frost said...

I love your colouring, it looks like suede, and the green is so warm! Awesome layout Karen.

Lorianna said...

LOVE the colors!!
And the stitching is perfect
I have to start using that embellishment more!!
Thanks for the inspiration!!
HUGS

Patti J said...

Karen, that is beautiful. I looked at that image and it stumped me! Wow, you have created a beautiful masterpiece - great job, my friend!

AllisonG said...

Love your card! The kraft and green was a great color combo for this image.

Sharon Basel said...

What a sweet card Karen! I love the colors and that twill bow is perfect too. Beautifully done!