Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dryer Sheet Technique


Hi everyone! This card was REALLY outside my comfort zone but I love how it turned out and had lots of fun creating it! I created the card using lots of white to play along with the Fashionable Stamping Challenge #9  following the theme "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" and combined it with the "Dryer Sheet Technique" Timeless Tuesday Challenge #145 at Flourishes.


My card base is True Black layered with White Cardstock. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on White Cardstock then covered with a used dryer sheet. To create snow at the bottom of the image I tore two strips of White Cardstock and rubbed 2-Way Glue along the edge then added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. To finish off the card I added some White Grosgrain Ribbon in the top two corners and added a matching bow at the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Lovely As A Tree (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: True Black (Papertrey Ink), White Cardstock (Gina K Designs)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (Stampin' Up), Glue Dots, 2-Way Glue Pen and Used Dryer Sheet

21 comments:

Lorie said...

Out of your comfort zone or not you did a lovely job Karen! I love all the sparkly!

downrightcrafty said...

oh Totally stunning never heard of this technique before you really should do a tutorial for us, just gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

Doreen said...

WOW simply beautiful Karen,love all the texture.xxx

Beate said...

Karen, your Dryer Sheet card came out STUNNING! I love the B/w color scheme, Love the layers snow with glitter on top. Wonderful!
Thanks so much in participating in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Tina said...

this is beautiful...lovely details...

Tina

papertrails leaver said...

this is beautiful Karen! I love that used the dryer sheet! It looks pretty and smells wonderful I bet :-)

Kathy Bradley said...

I've never heard of the dryer sheet technique - but, oh my gosh, your card is gorgeous!! I use liquid softner, but will have to go and buy some dryer sheets to try this out!! Thanks for sharing, Karen.

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, this is just so beautiful l have never seen this done before but the result are stunning l enjoyed the tutorial l would like to do this myself but don't have the right machine is there another way it could be done?:) Sandra H

Creative Genie said...

Beautiful card. Love the stunning simplicity of the black and white.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love the way it looks and your glitter. TFS.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Looks like a beautiful winter wonderland! Thanks for joining along with the FTTC :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen just BREATHTAKING!~

Dots Dabbles said...

OMG this is gorgeous Karen! You can't get any more wintery looking than that. Thankyou for playing this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Dot x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A very elegant and beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous scene of peace and tranquility. Thankyou for joining us at FSC this time.

Schelly21 said...

I love the look. How does it smell?

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Gorgeous and elegant and so tactile.
Thank you for joining us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG...THIS CARD IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS Karen! I love this card! You totally rocked the technique! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC...hugs ~S~

Patty said...

VERY cool card Karen! TFS this technique. I've never seen it before and now I want to try it!

Ephemera said...

WOW what a stunning and ethereal card, beautifully stamped. Thank you for joining us at the FSC. XX

Yvonne Garner said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne