Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sweet & Spicy


Hi everyone! As I was coloring this image the brown copic marker I was using on the cup went dry, UGH! I tried smoothing it out with a lighter color but it still looks a little rough! The cup was the last thing I colored on the image and I didn't feel like starting all over again, how bad is that?!? The delicious image is from the Sweet & Spicy digital stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps.  I'm entering this card in the Incy Wincy Designs challenge to use "stitching".


My card base is Riding Hood Red layered with White Cardstock then Western Stripes patterned paper stitched around the edges.  The shadow layer is Kraft Cardstock finished on both sides using the Deckled Edge Scissors.  I wrapped two strips of Brown Satin Ribbon around the card base and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers.  I stitched around the edge then layered it on Riding Hood Red.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on White Cardstock.  To embellish the card I added a bow made with Brown Satin Ribbon and a pearl in each corner of the card base as well as couple by the image.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sweet & Spicy (Clear Dollar Stamps), Just For You (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up), Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertey Ink), Western Stripes Patterned Paper (Creative Imaginations)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics E40, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, R24, R27, R29
  • Other: Stitching, Brown Satin Ribbon, Deckled Edge Scissors, Pearls, Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

Hanneke said...

What a nice card, I love the image and colors! Too bad the marker went dry, still like the coloring though! Hugs, Hanneke

jimlynn said...

That apple just looks yummy on this very pretty card. Love all the pearls.
LYnn

Sandra said...

This is just so lovely:) Sandra H

Helen said...

Love the card and don't see that the copic went dry while colouring. Regards.

Sheree said...

I love it Karen! Great image and colouring and.. your layout and papers really make this stand out in a crowd!
Hugs,
Sheree

Sivic said...

Nice card, and we can't see that the copic went dry : )
Have a nice day!!

Milaya said...

Beautiful card and nice colouring! I love it!

Craftyanny said...

Great card as always Karen
Anne x

cebelica said...

I actually think yopu colored the mug very well. I like this card a lot. Apple + cinnamon + cup of tea (or hot chocolate). Mmmmm ...

Marita ♫♫♫ said...

Love this card♥. Great image and great colouring♥.

Hugs, Marita