Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Candle


Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I created a card using an image from Elizabeth Dulemba Coloring Page Tuesday's and this mouse sitting on the Christmas Candle reading "The Night Before Christmas" is so perfect for christmas cards that I couldn't resist.


My card base is Real Red layered with White Cardstock then Christmas Holly Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is Merry Merry Christmas Patterned Paper layered on Real Red. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. To embellish the card I added strip of Red Satin Ribbon with a matching bow and Red Rhinestones in each corner of the shadow layer and image.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Christmas Candle (Elizabeth Dulemba)
  • Paper: Real Red (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Christmas Holly Patterned Paper (Daisy D's) and Merry Merry Christmas Patterned Paper (Carolee's Creations)
  • Ink: Copics T2, T4, E15, E17, E19, G24, G28, Y13, Y15, Y26, R24, R27, R29
  • Other: Red Satin Ribbon, Red Rhinestones, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

14 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh love those traditional papers and such a sweet image beautifully coloured and that lush red ribbon/bow is gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

Doreen said...

A beautiful card Karen,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

Lastochka said...

I like this card!

Ani said...

Your card is so beautifuL!

Tina said...

cute card...love the colors and details

Tina

Kathy Bradley said...

The image is so very cute, Karen, and you've colored it wonderfully! I really like the layout and DPs you've selected - adorable card!!

Helen said...

what a lovely card. Regards.

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, Your card is just so beautiful! nice to see the christmas colours and the lovely layout its just stunning:) Sandra H

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, what a beautiful card. I love the papers and the cute image. TFS.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the beautiful card- the papers are wonderful and the image is darling!

Linda said...

Wow what a gorgeous christmas card!!!!!! Absolutely stunning!!!!!The colors are so rich and vibrant!!!!!!! Excellent work Karen!!!!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Awww, this is so cute Karen, I love it!

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Karen, It's lovely! I hope you'll share it in my Coloring Page Tuesdays gallery at http://dulemba.com/index_CPTgallery.html . It's where I pull the cards that I feature in my newsletter each week and I'd love to feature yours! :) e

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Karen, I'll be featuring your lovely creation in tomorrow's Coloring Page Tuesday alert! If you're not subscribed, you can do so at http://dulemba.com/index_ColoringPages.html .
Thanks for sharing! :) e