Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cuties


Hi everyone! I love this image... actually I love all snowman images (hee hee)! Can you tell I was not quite over christmas but wanting to move into winter colors with this card?!? For some reason I was stuck on having a red bow on the present but now that I'm looking at the photo am not so sure it really goes with all the blues and browns. The image and sentiment are both from the Christmas Cuties digital stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps.


My card base is Blue Bazzill layered with White Cardstock then Ice Crystals Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is Winter Blue Dots layered on Blue Bazzill. The image and sentiment were printed on White Cardstock and the image colored in using copic markers. I distressed the edges of both patterned paper as well as the sentiment and image using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

The snowflake layers from bottom to top are Blue Bazzill and White Cardstock punched using the Snowflake Punch, a Clear Snowflake and on top to finish it off is a pearl snowflake. To bring out the clear snowflake I added some Frosted Lace Stickles below the snowman.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Christmas Cuties (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: Blue Cardstock (Bazzill), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Ice Crystals and Winter Blue Dots Patterned Paper (My Mind's Eye, Frost Collection)
  • Ink: Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and Copics C0, C1, Y38, R11, R27, R29, E77, BG72, BG75
  • Other: Sponge, Frosted Lace Stickles, Modern Label Punch and Snowflake Punch (Stampin' Up), Clear Snowflake (Heidi Swapp), Pearl Snowflake (Dress It Up), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

8 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Karen,love the image.xxx

Hanneke said...

Wow, stunning card! Love the image and glitter. That sentiment is so nice and the snowlake looks great! Hugs, Hanneke

sallysbitz said...

Such a Jolly Christmas card x
Merry Christmas to you x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, Another beautiful card and such a lovely finsh too!:) Sandra H

Tanya said...

beautiful! I love snowmen too! I really love the papers too. Merry Christmas :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I just love the snowman.

Crealett said...

Hi Feline, beautifull christmascard you've made.

I'm giving away a candy on my blog. Mayby you want to join my blog en take a change?

Greetings, Alette

jimlynn said...

So cute and I love that great big old snowflake! Precious card.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn