Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Mouse


Hi everyone! This christmas card is one of my favorites. I love the striped patterned paper paired with the green herringbone and the mouse is so cute I just want to give him a BIG hug (hee hee)! The Christmas Mouse used on today's card is actually a coloring page by Elizabeth Dulemba.  I paired it with a sentiment from the Christmas Cuties digital stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps.


My card base is Real Red layered with White Cardstock then Ribbon Stripe (top) and Dark Green Herringbone (bottom) patterned paper. Next I added a strip of White Lace and over it Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon. The image and sentiment were printed on White Cardstock and the image colored in using copic markers. To add some dimension and texture I finished the hat and coat with White Liquid Applique. To further embellish the card I added a red bow and a pearl in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Christmas Mouse (Elizabeth Dulemba), Christmas Cuties (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: Real Red (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Ribbon Stripe and Dark Green Herringbone Patterned Paper (Little Yellow Bicycle, Christmas Magic Collection)
  • Ink: Copics T0, T2, T4, T6, R01, R11, R24, R27, R29, G94
  • Other: White Lace, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Snow Pearls, White Liquid Applique, Paper Piercing, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

16 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I like the image and the fab papers.
Kevin xx

Tanya said...

Awww, how cute is this?! Darling image and love the "fluff" on the jacket and lovely papers.

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, Oh this is a fabulous image and he's looking pretty smug with his outfit on, beautifully coloured and the background colours are stunning as always Karen your cards ard amazing:) Sandra H

jimlynn said...

TOOOOO CUTE! Love the image but your card is just adorable. The liquid applique is perfect for his little hat, etc. too. Very pretty, Karen.
Lynn

Marita ♫♫♫ said...

Gorgeous card with fab papers♥. I love the cute image and your beautiful colouring♥.

Hugs, Marita

Beate said...

Karen, that image is so so cute! Great coloring and paper choices. Adorable card.
Hugs and smiles

Kathy Bradley said...

What a darling image and card, Karen. You've colored him so wonderfully. Your papers are lovely as well.

Georgei said...

This is very cute
like how you did him very pretty color
thank for showing

Linda said...

Oh my this is so loveable!!!!! What a super adorable image and I love the colors and papers!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

Helen said...

Oh this image is so cute (I have it on my PC as well). Your card is very beautiful. Regards, Helen

Maria (Маруся) said...

This card is so great! The mouse is SO adorable! Love it!

Maria, xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen this is so so SWEET and PRETTY!~

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

This is so lovely and so sweet Karen. BEAUTIFUL. Adorable mouse.
Lovely greet
Marja

Jennie said...

Karen this is so so beautiful! What a gorgeous image, I love the stunning layout too! xx

TuKara said...

magnfique!!!

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Karen, You're just so good, I'm featuring yet another of your creations in this week's Coloring Page Tuesday alert! Thanks for sharing in my gallery. :) e