Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fluffles Garland


Hi everyone! I recently asked my husband what types of cards he enjoys me creating the most and his response was anything with mice, cats or dogs so I dug out this rubber stamp and created this special christmas card just for him! The cute image is the Fluffles Garland rubber stamp by Stampendous.


My card base is Basic Grey layered with White Cardstock then Forest Street Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is Fairland Street Patterned Paper. Over the patterned paper I wrapped white lace. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. To embellish the card I added some red paper flowers with white buttons threaded with DMC White. I added some pine branches punched from Old Olive.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Fluffles Garland (Stampendous)
  • Paper: Old Olive, Basic Grey (Stampin' Up), Fairland Street and Forest Street Patterned Paper (Scenic Route, Roxbury Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R01, R24, R29, YG03, YG25, T0, T2, T3, T4, Spica 11 Gold
  • Other: White Lace, Red Flowers (Bazzill), Pine Branch Punch (Martha Stewart), White Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi karen, So beautiful are your creations l'll be looking forward to seeing many more in the new year all the very best to you and your family take care:) Sandra H

Pat (mspfd) said...

How super cute, Karen. I love fluffles images and this one is especially adorable. As always, your design and coloring are inspiring!

I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

jimlynn said...

LOL! LOVE IT! Really like the pretty flowers you added on here too.
After seeing you use this stamp last year, I went out and bought one. I didn't even use mine this year....too late now though.
Have a wonderful weekend and Christmas.
Lynn

Rhonda Miller said...

That cat is too cute. What a great card. TFS.
Merry Christmas.