Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holy Triptych


Hi everyone! This is a stamp set I picked up over a year ago after getting my first copic markers with the thought of practicing my blending skills. So I stamped several images last night and got up early this morning to practice but as soon as I sat down to do so my fur baby showed up and well... so much for playing in my craft room. I was finally able to whip up this card to share with you.


My card base is Real Red layered with White Cardstock then Toasty Patterned Paper. The shadow strip is Laurel Leaves Patterned Paper layered on Real Red with Red Satin Ribbon wrapped around it and a matching bow in front. The image and sentiment are printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I highlighted the angels wings with Star Dust Stickles. To embellish the card I added tons of stitching and a silver rhinestone in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Holy Triptych (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Real Red (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Toasty Patterned Paper (BasicGrey, Figgy Pudding Collection), Laurel Leaves Patterned Paper (BasicGrey, Wassail Collection)
  • Ink: Copics R0000, R24, R27, R29, E000, E42, E44, E47, T0, T2, T4
  • Other: Stitching, Red Satin Ribbon, Silver Rhinestones, Corner Rounder Punch, Star Dust Stickles, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

8 comments:

This Art That Heals said...

Beautiful card, love all the layers and the sparkle on the angel wings.

Tina said...

beautiful image...lovey paper to go along with it

Tina

Kathy Bradley said...

You've colored her wonderfully - I know exactly how the fur babies come to help! The card is truly beautiful - and your stitching is amazing!

KER said...

GORGEOUS!...the bow and glitter really make this card say WOW!...well that and your wonderful coloring

Hanneke said...

Wow, lovely card! I love the look of that image! Hugs, Hanneke

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, Your card is so beautiful, truly love the image and your colouring and colours used on the background and on the image is amazing just so lovely:) Sandra H

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my what a lovely card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- the stitching is fabulous- and I love the colors and the DSP- how pretty together!