Thursday, December 15, 2011

Merry Deer


Hi everyone! I'm still creating christmas cards. It's been so long since I've played with flowers I'm starting to go through withdrawal, LOL!!! When I first saw this image I thought to cut out the reindeer but after looking at that rack decided to wing it and this is what I came up with. The image is from the Merry Deer digital stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps.


My card base is Kraft layered with White Cardstock then Victorian Walls and Artisan Solid FaFaLa Patterned Paper stitched around the edges. I added a strip of Metallic Gold Mesh and a two white snowflakes. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I rounded the corners and layered it on Kraft Cardstock also with rounded corners. To embellish the card I added a bow made with Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, some pearls on the reindeer and a red button finished with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Merry Deer (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Victorian Walls and Artisan Solid FaFaLa Patterned Paper (Little Yellow Bicycle, Christmas Magic Collection)
  • Ink: Copics E43, E47
  • Other: Stitching, Corner Rounder Punch, Metallic Gold Mesh, Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Snowflake Punch, Red Button, DMC White, Snow Pearls, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is outstanding!!! LOVE IT! The pearls, snowflakes, mesh...everything is beautiful!
Lynn

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, So beautiful and the deer stands so elegantly:) Sandra H

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so pretty. I love the deer.

The Stamper's Touch said...

So stunning and oh so elegant! Another beautiful card Karen.

Linda

SandraW said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Really LOVE this reindeer and the details are just perfect!

Hugs, Sandra

Lisa said...

This is so pretty! The mesh adds just the right touch. :)

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Purple mad Alison said...

Another stunning creation, I love your style. Everything goes so well together.
Hugs Alison x x

Hanneke said...

Lovely! I love that deer with the pearls and the gold on the card looks great! Hugs, Hanneke

KER said...

love that gold mesh and the pearls on the reindeer

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

More than beautiful Love that deer.
Lovely greet
Marja