Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mooning Elf


Hi everyone! My husband REALLY wanted me to make a card to send his parents for Christmas using this image after I showed him the "An Elf-ing Christmas Card" my friend Lynn made. I heard him on the phone the other night telling his mom the card we are sending them will remind her of Uncle Ronnie's emails. I won't go there but let's just say she won't be surprised either (hee hee)! The image featured on today's card is the Mooning Elf digital stamp by Bonibleaux Designs. The fun verse on the inside of the card though is a CASE from my friend Lynn's card.


My card base is Bravo Burgundy layered with White Cardstock then Noel Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is the back side of the Noel Patterned Paper layered on Bravo Burgundy. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. To embellish the card I added two pewter spiral clips and a small pewter brad in each corner of the shadow layer.


Here is the verse on the inside of the card.


I thought while I was sharing I'd show you the labels I made using my watermark for the back of my cards. To create the labels I copied and pasted the black watermark into a word document label template that fits 30 labels per page. Isn't this just fabulous!!!

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Mooning Elf (Bonibleaux Designs)
  • Paper: Bravo Burgundy (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Noel Patterned Paper (Studio 8 Paper Company, 'Tis The Season Collection)
  • Ink: Copics E000, E00, E44, R00, R01, R59, T2, T3, T4, YG03, G82, G94
  • Other: Small Brads and Spiral Clips (Stampin' Up, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware) and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

Ardilla said...

I have to come to see it... I wasn´t sure for the miniature it was what I saw!!!
I hope your mother in law has humor!

Love your papers!!!!

StampTramps said...

Love it!

Hanneke said...

Haha, what a funny card! Love the labels you made as well. Hugs and I hope you and your family will have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year! Hugs, Hanneke

Tina said...

ha ha this is to cute and unny...lovely coloring to

Tina

SandraW said...

Hahaha! What a hilarious card Karen!
LOL
Great stamp!
And I really love your label on the back of the card!

Hugs, Sandra

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a crack-up! You have done this little elf very nicely.....LOL!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant fun card Karen, I love this image, i used it for a card for one of my brothers lol
Kevin xx

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, wow this is such a fun card love the image and the verse is briliant:) Sandra H

jimlynn said...

What can I say here - except maybe you already know how much I LOVE it! Really like the colors you used on this too.
Glad you liked my card enough to use the image and sentiment too! Thanks for the "shout out".
There's just something about that image that sums up a lot of things, you know! LOL! Know your in-laws are going to love it.
Lynn

Kathy Bradley said...

I have to go and buy that image - wonderfully funny! And, thanks for sharing the information on the labels.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is too funny. TFS.