Saturday, December 3, 2011

Vintage Christmas Clip Art


Hi everyone! How about a christmas card with no stamping... well, sort of! I've been thinking of creating a card for some time now using vintage clip art and couldn't resist doing so once I saw this beautiful christmas image at ChristmasFiles.com. I paired it with a lovely sentiment from the Merry Mistletoe digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry.


My card base is Real Red layered with White Cardstock then Balsam Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is the back side of the Balsam Patterned Paper layered on Real Red. The clip art was printed on White Cardstock and also layered on Real Red. I printed the sentiment on White Cardstock then die cut and embossed it using the Grommet Tags Nestabilities and threaded a strip of Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon through the holes. To embellish the card I added tons of stitching, a matching bow made from Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and some pearls near the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Vintage Christmas Clip Art (Christmas Files), Merry Mistletoe (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Real Red (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Balsam Patterned Paper (BasicGrey, Figgy Pudding Collection)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Grommet Tags, Snow Pearls, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

12 comments:

Соня Йорданова said...

It is so beautiful and stylish

Thea said...

Beautiful card en such a nice image! Pretty details.

Have a nice weekend,
Hugs
Thea

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, Such a beautiful card and l love the image and the layout:) Sandra H

Tanya said...

Karen this is gorgeous! So very elegant and I love cardinals!

jimlynn said...

WOW! Karen, I love the clip art image, but you've made it into a fabulous card! Love it.
Lynn

Myrna said...

Karen
This is beautiful!!
Thank you for the Christmas file link. It has so many of the pictures I would like to use.
Myrna

Lisa said...

Karen what a wonderful card! I love the way you used the clipart! It would cut down on coloring in an image time and making it so much faster to get cards done - yet it still looks hand crafted and original - wow thanks for sharing!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Lisa G
lkgra@hotmail.com
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

Sheree said...

Wow!! Another stunning card Karen! Love the vintage scene and how you've brought it to life!
Hugs,
Sheree

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
What a gorgeous vintage image and card - and your stitching is always wonderful!

Linda said...

Wow what a stunning card Kare. I just realized that when I put your blog candy on my site i forgot to be a follower. Must be getting old!!!!!! So I am now your follower!!!!!!1

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card. Regards.

Carrie said...

Wow what a beauty. I love the elegance to this card and that Merry Christmas tag is great.