Sunday, January 15, 2012

Love Birds


Hi everyone!  Today I've a tweet love card to share.  The cute image used on today's card is from the Love Birds digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry.  I really like this stamp set because I'm able to add different words in the sign hanging on the outside of the heart.  On this card I filled in the sign with the words "Tweet Love".


My card base is Brocade Blue layered with White Cardstock then Patterned Paper.  The strip at the bottom is Wild Wasabi finished on one side using the Wave Edge Punch with a strip of white lace wrapped around it.  The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers then layered on Brocade Blue.  I added a straight stitch around the edges of the card base and image.  To embellish the card I added some flowers finished with clear buttons.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Love Birds (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Brocade Blue and Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink) and Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Copics B91, B93, RV11, V15, V17, G82, G94, Y26, E40, E42, E43, E44
  • Other: Stitching, White Lace, Wave Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Flowers, Buttons, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

16 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my Karen this is so so so adorable!!!! What a gorgeous card!!!! Your coloring is superb!!!!! Fabulous work!!!!!

Sandra said...

Good afternoon Karen, hope your having the same good weather as we are having the sun is out a little frost this morning but its so lovely not to have wind and rain! oh your lovebirds are stunning love the colouring and your background is also amazing as always you show the most wonderful creations Karen:) Sandra H

AllisonG said...

I love the colors you've used on this. Most of the ones I've seen by other DT members were darker colors and the lil love birds look so good in the lighter colors. Thanks for sharing!

Јасна said...

I love your cards!!!

Patti J said...

This has to be one of my favorite images from DP - love it! Your card is adorable, and as always, your layout and clean lines are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love, love that fabulous pop of purple color - gorgeous color selection on this sweet card.

jimlynn said...

Oh so sweet (or should I saw "tweet"!) It's adorable and I love the flowers and lace on here.
Lynn

Amy Johnson said...

Too cute! Love the big purple flowers!

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful. I love this image.
My DD who is reading over my shoulder says it so cute.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, what a cute card! Love that image and I haven't used it yet. Love the layout with all the flowers!
Hugs, Sarah

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Totally cute and sweet image - I love it - it made the perfect Valentine's card!!

Kristine said...

Awww, very CUTE Karen!! We must've been on the same color scheme wave-length this week *Ü* Love your colors, stitching and everything!
Hugs,
Kris

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful Karen,your stitching is marvellous and love the lace across the card! Wonderful card!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So very pretty with your soft colors and coloring of those lovebirds! Perfect card for that "someone special"!
~Hugs~
Georgia

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh, what super details on this beauty! Love your wonderful design and colors, The flowers and c are a great addition.

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful colourful card Karen, love the papers! Aloha from Maui!