Sunday, January 29, 2012

Loving Critters


Hi everyone! I'm still here!!! It's been a really busy week so I haven't had a chance to post in a couple days. Today I want to share some clean & simple cards I've been working on for Operation Write Home. I used the digitally colored piggy image and patterned paper from the Loving Critters digital stamp set by Clear Dollar Stamps.


My husband thought I should include a sentiment so I created this second card with the "sending my love" message.  This last card was inspired by a technique I've been wanting to try for some time now, using scored lines to create texture in the background.


I used Ruby Red for all my card bases and paired it with Cool Caribbean cardstock or digital patterned paper from the Loving Critters stamp set. The cute piggy image was printed on White Cardstock and layered on Ruby Red.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Loving Critters (Clear Dollar Stamps), Say It In Style (CTMH)
  • Paper: Ruby Red and Cool Caribbean (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Digital Patterned Paper (Clear Dollar Stamps, Loving Critters Stamp Set)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Scor-Pal and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

Helen said...

what a lovely cards.

Pam~ said...

All three of these cards are adorable...I LOVE them! The colors that you used on your image and card blend together perfectly!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colour combos with this adorable little piggy! Hugs, Lesley

Sandra said...

Morning Karen, Beautiful card great image and background love your colouring and l especially like the blue outline on the image l think it really shows of the beauty of your colouring.........stunning:) Sandra H

Betty Benton said...

Loving all the cleanly designed layouts and that little piggy wearing his heart on his sweater is too cute!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are all terrific. I love that you used the same image with all the different layouts. TFS.

Hanneke said...

Your cards are great! Love the CAS look and the image and colors. Hugs, Hanneke

SandraW said...

Cute, cute, cute! All 3 of them! Great image and such a gorgeous set of colours! The cards will be appreciated!

Hugs, Sandra

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Your card is so very cute - and I love your image and your card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great colors! Such a sweet collection of cards.