Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Purple Dahlia


Hi everyone!  I'm back with another new release floral image.  To see the other simply scroll down to my previous post.  The gorgeous flower used on this card is the Dahlia digital stamp by Clear Dollar Stamp.
 

My card base is True Black layered with White Cardstock then Perfect Plum with a zig zag stitch around the edges. The shadow layer is Pale Plum layered on White Cardstock with a straight stitch around the edges. I printed the image on White Cardstock and colored it in using copic markers.

I die cut and embossed the image using Standard Circles Small Nestabilities and layered it on True Black die cut using the Lacey Circles Nestabilities. To embellish the card I added a metallic silver bow and a metallic silver dew drop in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Dahlia (Clear Dollar Stamps)
  • Paper: True Black and White (Papertrey Ink), Perfect Plum and Pale Plum (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Copics V20, V25, RV91, RV93, YG61, YG63
  • Other: Stitching, Lacey Circles Nestabilities, Standard Circles Small Nestabilities, Metallic Silver Ribbon, Metallic Silver Dew Drops, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

stunning and love the stitching, I really must attempt on my new unused machine lol
Hugs Kate xx

Sandra said...

Karen, your flower cards are amazing and this Purple Dahlia is just another of those stunners! beautiful layout and finished off perfectly:) Sandra H

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I love the colors and the image. TFS.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! I always love your card with the flowers on this. This one is just gorgeous and colored so pretty.
Lynn

Sandy said...

Very beautiful in the purple and I love the sparkly ribbon...just so pretty!

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
What pretty colors, lovely image and beautiful card! Your stitching is awesome too.

Jerusha said...

Wow, the purple dahlia is amazing! Great card!!!!

Hanneke said...

Wow, I love both cards with the flowers! The flowers look lovely and I like the bows. Hugs, Hanneke

Tameko said...

Lovely card. Perfect colors and design.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Another beautiful creation. Lovely flower and coloring.