Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quirky Cat


Hi everyone! One of my goals for 2012 is to send more cards to Operation Write Home in support of our troops overseas. Operation Write Home sends handmade greeting cards to our nation's heroes for them to write home on as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them. There are some card quidelines to follow though such as no glitter (it's a saftey hazard), they prefer A2 size cards and SOME lumpiness is okay. 

I'm okay with no glitter since I only end up making a mess with it anyways and enjoy making A2 size cards but really seem to struggle with only SOME lumpiness on my cards so I've decided to spend more time this year making clean & simple cards for Operation Write Home. To keep myself on track I've dubbed today Clean & Simple Sunday and hope you will share with me some of your favorite sites that inspire you to make clean & simple cards.

Today's clean & simple card was created using a digitally colored image from the Quirky Cat digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry. I paired it with digital paper from the Peacock Birdie stamp set by Doodle Pantry. I went a little crazy with layers on this card so I left off the embellishments so it wouldn't end up too lumpy.


My card base is Brilliant Blue layered with White Cardstock then Going Grey.  The shadow strip is digital patterned paper layered on White Cardstock.  The image was printed on White Cardstock and layered on Brilliant Blue then adhered using mounting tape. 

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Quirky Cat (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Brilliant Blue and Going Grey (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Digital Patterned Paper (Doodle Pantry, Peacock Birdie Stamp Set)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Mounting Tape

19 comments:

AllisonG said...

I love this card! I need to join you in making cards for Clean & Simple Sunday - what a great idea. I really like the patterned paper from the Peacock Birdie set with this image. It's like it was meant for it. Great job!

SandraW said...

Lovely card, Karen!
Love the cat and the colours you used with the image are purrrfect!
And the goal is a very good one! An extra support for the men and women "overseas". Good for you!

Hugs, Sandra

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, this is an adorable card and right up your alley! =) That is a wonderful goal for this year. I also made a goal to bring more smiles to people with what little talent I have been given. Someone will love receiving this card!
Hugs, Sarah

jimlynn said...

This will be a great card for OWH Karen! Love all the blue and just that touch of green under the kitty. Precious card.
LYnn

Patti J said...

Oh, Karen...what cuteness! The DP from the Peacock Birdie set is a perfect match with the image! Great card, my friend. I, too, struggle with few layers and few lumps! Need to work on that. You nailed this one!!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful creation Karen. I love the layers and the clean crisp look to the card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous CAS card. I love brilliant blue. It really works well with the grey. I am going to have to give this combo a try. Thanks for the inspiration, Karen!

Hanneke said...

Wonderful cas card! Love the colors and image and such a wonderful cause you made it for. Hugs, Hanneke

trisha too said...

VERY cute card, but I see what you mean about sticking to the only SOME lumpiness . . . you'll get the hang of it, though, look how great this one turned out!

:)

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Karen, and your right this is quirky but fun and love the blue outline around the cat ...........so lovely:) Sandra H

Kathy Bradley said...

Adorable image and wonderful card! I love this cute image - and your DP is perfect!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a lovely card! And I love the CAS design!

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Karen, love this little chappie, he is super isn't he, love the blue papers too, a great card
Hugs Kate xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

It's perfect! And so cute! hugs, Lesley

Glenda Atkins said...

Karen, this is fabulous, love the cat! I had forgotten that digital paper , it is awesome!

Sarah said...

What a sweet card!! I love the kitty and the colors of the card - such a beautiful blue!!

Dawn Frost said...

Karen great CAS card! Aloha from Maui!

Kathy W. said...

Great job, love this cat. I don't think I've used it yet...I must get it printed!! Thanks for inspiring me to do that.