Monday, January 9, 2012

Yellow Chamomile


Hi everyone! I don't think I've ever made a bow this big before and wow, do I love it!!!  I picked up this patterned paper and ribbon as a kit from the Stamp Simply Ribon Store.  The floral image used on today's card is from the Chamomile digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry.


My card base is True Black layered with White Cardstock then Still In Box patterned paper.  The shadow layer is Last One patterned paper layered on True Black.  The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers.  To embellish the card I added a huge button finished with a black bow and a few pearls along the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Chamomile (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: True Black and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Still In Box and Last One Patterned Paper (October Afternoon, The Thrift Shop Collection)
  • Ink: Copics Y21, Y26, YG23, YG25
  • Other: Button, Black Ribbon, Pearls, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

20 comments:

AllisonG said...

Karen, what a lovely card and, my, what a large bow you have there! LOL Big bows are all the rage for the girls at my daughter's school to wear in their hairs. Now they are making it onto cards as well. :-)

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful card! I love the big black bow!

Patti J said...

Karen, this is so pretty! You have used one of my favorite color combinations! I love your gorgeous bow, and you have colored your image beautifully! Great job!!!

Dawn Frost said...

Karen I love the simplicity of it, it makes the card very striking! Fantastic colour combination and colouring.

SandraW said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Love the colour-combo!

Hugs, Sandra

sue w. said...

Hi, Just love your card, that bow is just WOW!
Hugs, Sue W.

jimlynn said...

Oh WOW Karen! I LOVE THAT BOW - and your card too, of course. It really is a gorgeous bow though but doesn't over-power the card. Just perfect.
LYnn

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, Stunning flower and your colours are gorgeous!:) Sandra H

Patti P. said...

I love your bow....as well as the damask pattern mixed with the dots, so elegant. Beautiful card!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, I love that big bow too! Beautiful! Also, love that paper. Great card girl!
Hugs, Sarah

Sheree said...

What a gorgeous bow Karen!! I'd love to be able to tie something like yours. As always.. your card is perfect... everything about it is perfect!
Hugs,
Sheree

Donna said...

Karen - one word describes your card and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE that bow!!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so very elegant and the bow is such a big WOW on this lovely card..

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Beautiful card and awesome colors - love the layout and image!

Carrie said...

I like that pop of black polka dot paper against the floral. Beautifully done

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, love the clean edges, the elegant and beautiful design and that one fabulous bow.Just a great card Karen.

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen this is just STUNNING!~

Kathy W. said...

OMGoodness..I love this! Very pretty and the colors are FABULOUS. Thanks for the inspiration Karen.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is an absolutely beautiful and elegant creation. I just love your design; the bow is a gorgeous addition.